[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hamster problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (308KB, 1714x1572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 1714x1572px
Hey /an/, my roommate's hamster has something wrong with her cheeks. They're all bloody and scabby looking. If you look at the pic, you can see food stuck in one of the bloody pits in her face. I've suggested multiple times for him to take her to the vet but he says he isn't willing to spend the money on a hamster that won't live much longer anyway. Do any hamster experts here have an idea of what could be wrong? The hamster is by itself so it's not being mutilated by other hamsters or anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
Wet tail
>>
>>1995393
There doesn't seem to be any wetness around the tail and this face thing has been going on for several weeks at least
>>
>>1995390
that's really nasty

skin infection?
cushing's syndrome?

how often is the cage cleaned?
>>
>>1995398
Sounds like wet tail
>>
>>1995427
i see him cleaning it regularly but I don't know, I'm not the owner
>>
Hamsters are so cute

Too bad they're actually evil little vicious monsters.
>>
>>1995390
sounds like the roommate doesn't own a hamster. You better find that poor thing's real owner and give them their hamster back so they can get it treated.
>>
>>1995390
Ouch, that looks really painful. My guess is she might scratched herself somehow and now it looks like that. She's probably in one of those small bar cages. Does she chew on the bars? It could be due to that. There doesn't look like there's any signs of swelling to me either.
The area is already healing so that's a good sign. But the food, possibly a seed bit needs to come out so it can heal properly. See if it possible to remove it with tweezers.

Vets can be costly especially to people who would rather let a pet die because "its just a hamster" as apposed to a dog or cat.

You can try cleaning the area with thyme tea. Using fresh or the powdered kind you'd find on a spice rack works well.
-Take about 10-12 sprigs of the fresh thyme and put them in a mug. (if using powdered use 1-2 table spoons worth)
-Boil some water
-Once the water boils, pour it in the mug to cover only over the thyme. Stir it occasionally, and let it sit for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, put some paper towel over another clean mug, and pour the tea into this new mug. The paper towel will filter out the leaves.

Hope she gets better soon c:
>>
>>1995447
It does not sound like "wet tail" That deals with diarrhea which if goes untreated leads to anal relapse.
>>
>>1995514
You can't prove that I don't hear "wet tail"
>>
pull it out with tweasers and put some vodka on it so it helps the infection
>>
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but this might be your best solution

TAKE IT TO A VET

We can offer lots of ideas, but we are not vets. We can not necessarily give you the proper diagnosis or treatment. That looks awful and needs treated. Go to a vet
>>
Hamsters are so useless.
Tell your roommate to get a better pet.

Also it looks like a rash or allergic reaction, or maybe the hamster equivalent of mange. Remove the seed with tweezers and clean the area with sugar water then put neosporin on the wound.

I don't think it looks deadly but I wouldn't really know because I don't fuck with hamsters. When I worked at a pet store the hamsters were hands down the biggest assholes. And really stupid. Even cichlids have more brain capacity.

Anyway, good luck.
>>
Very similar thing happened to my dog, turned out to be a sarcoma
>>
Tell your roommate it's not legal or ethical to let an animal suffer and die because he doesn't want to spend money on a vet. If he didn't want to spend money, he shouldn't have gotten a hamster. He should never own a pet again.
>>
>>1997988
this

tell him to take it to a fucking vet and beat the shit out of him if he refuses. why do you have friends like this? what a piece of shit. he got a hamster, he's going to take fucking care of it.
>>
>>1998002
>all this bleeding heart righteous indignation
shut your fucking face, kiddo
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.