[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me, cat people what do you think of Persians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

Tell me, cat people what do you think of Persians?
>>
Hideous
>>
>>1737334
deformed and grotesque
>>
The pugs of the cat world. Fuck 'em.
>>
>>1737340

>pug

People realize many dog breeds have short muzzles, right? It's not a Pug thing.
>>
>>1737334

I find them to be ugly, but If I have room in the household (I don't as I have a two cat maximum, and the vacancy is filled), I will take care of it if it is in need.
>>
>>1737350

Fine, have it your way. Fuck all brachycephalic breeds.
>>
I don't mind them aesthetically but their muzzles unnerve me
>>
They're shit.
>>
They aren't my cup of tea, but they aren't deformed monsters either. The Persians from good breeders are pretty healthy (but they do tend to have heart problems). I've even met a few who eat raw, so their shorter faces do not have the same problems that are found in smushed faced dogs.
>>
>>1737340
they weren't bred the same way as a pug or other dogs that have the smushed faces so they don't have those breathing problems. cats already have short muzzles to begin with compared to dogs. The persians eyes are also typical for a normal cat.
>>
They have smushy faces. Not my thing.
>>
Messed up
>>
Lovely cats, I've grown up with 4, but in the future I would make sure I got them from reputable breeders who health test. Very easygoing, laid back cats. Never fight or attack or swipe at people. Not so much lap cats, but they do like to be near you. Very sweet but kind of retarded.
>>
Cute cats, would get one when im really old
>>
>>1737334
best breed of cat I've had. I had 5 and I've bread them. They are insanely nice. May require bathing and more grooming than the average person is use to. they don't destroy anything so thats nice.
>>
I like them but not as 'extreme' as OPs. But that's looks wise. I don't think they're very playful in terms of cats and they are more aloof in my little experience of knowing two of them.
>>
>>1737334
the only reason why i wouldn't want one is because of the long hair. i don't like long haired cats. i have a domestic medium hair and that's already a bit much hair for me to take care of.
>>
I've never actually seen one in real life but heard more people have persian cats than regular faced cats. What's up with that?
>>
>>1737846
Yeah, no way. Regular cats are absolutely every where. I've lived in plenty of places and hell, I've only known two person with an actual purebred cat out of fuckhundred people with cats.

They're popular but not as much as you think.
>>
File: dearheartchinchilla2.jpg (2MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
dearheartchinchilla2.jpg
2MB, 2272x1704px
I prefer the ones with less severely flat faces, like these. But pretty much what >>1737536
said. They're really laid back, and act sort of like kittens even as they get older, and are sweet to the point of being nearly retarded.
>>
>>1737866
Wow those cats are amazingly pretty,
probably totally deaf though
>>
persians are sweet, but i had a gray tabby, and she was wonderful.
>>
>>1737880
Those cats are chinchilla (or silver tipped). They aren't white with blue eyes.
>>
Persian cats are the best cats money can buy. I honestly feel sorry for those of you who cannot appreciate the elegance of Persians.

In conclusion, the Persian cat is the best thing to have come out of Iran. It almost makes up for that barbaric religion of theirs.
>>
super sweet, just not the brightest bunch

a very lovable cat, haven't met a mean one (now himelayans on the other hand, FUCK)
>>
File: photo.jpg (905KB, 1534x2136px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
905KB, 1534x2136px
>>1737334
I'm not even sure what breed my cat is...
He's supposed to be a persian, but I think he's some kind of mix.
>>
File: tumblr_mt0rttQM1h1qz581wo3_500.jpg (234KB, 500x527px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mt0rttQM1h1qz581wo3_500.jpg
234KB, 500x527px
>>1737896

ohh my god give him to me
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (789KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
789KB, 3264x2448px
>>1737910
This is Simba. He's quite the joker.
>>
>>1737896
probably the most persian looking cat in this thread. the people who prefer the ones without the flat faces do not prefer persians as thats the whole persian thing.
>>
>>1737916
LOOK AT THAT PERFECTLY BAKED LOAF OF BREAD
>>
>>1737880
They're Chinchillas, hence the black around the eyes. One of my favorite color patterns on cats.

And while blue eyed white cats can be deaf, it's not a guarantee. I have one and she hears fine.
>>
>>1737893
It's that Siamese in the Himalayans bloodline that probably makes them that way. We had two growing up and both were weird as fuck, with one being outright hateful.
>>
Doll-faced Persians are fucking gorgeous. Peke-faced Persians (the ones with the smashed faces) are hideous. I don't know why breeders started doing this to such beautiful cats. In some countries, peke-faced Persians aren't even acknowledged as purebreds, to discourage idiots from ruining the breed this way. Not only are those mutated cats ugly, it's also bad for the cat's upper respiratory system, to have such an abnormally short nose.

Google "doll-faced Persian" and feast your eyes on the beauty of Persian cats as they were meant to be.
>>
All brachycephalic cats and dogs look hideous, and I highly dislike the increased risk of health problems. We're fucking up dogs enough as it is, let's not start destroying cats too.
>>
File: tumblr_lphsxeDmPn1qmtorgo1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lphsxeDmPn1qmtorgo1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x491px
>>1737947

I KNOW RIGHT

>>1737916

yeah okay man hand the cat over and nobody gets hurt
>>
File: 1384490917740.jpg (16KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1384490917740.jpg
16KB, 500x333px
>>1737965

yeah, in my case it's always been flame points and what the FUCK, i've known skittish or defensive cats but these fuckers ARE hateful, every single one has been outwardly aggressive which totally blows my mind

I love that they always have names like Angel, Sweetpea, etc... try Lucifer
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.