[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make friends in foreign country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tfw europoor.png (378KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
tfw europoor.png
378KB, 960x768px
Hi, I'm 22 yo guy moving from Eastern Europe to West Coast to start a full time job. I'm pretty autistic with people, therefore I don't have many friends except for a few from high school and middle school. Now that I move to literally opposite side of the world, I won't be able to meet or play video games with them anymore, because of the time difference.

I don't know anyone in America and from my own experience with work I doubt that I will find a good friend at workplace. To make the matters worse I don't even have any hobbies and I will be living in pretty much desolate area about 25km away from Seattle.

How do I make friends /adv/?
>>
>>18731060

Why are you moving and what will you be doing there?
>>
>>18731077
Because he got a card.
I want one too how do i do it?
>>
>>18731086
US Diversity lottery (DV) opens in October.

Without that, you'd either need to have a lot of money or have a company sponsor you (not easy).
>>
>>18731094
looks like i will need t oaccidently stay there for 5 years.
>>
Why are you living to Washington state? Will you be a student?
>>
>>18731060
Look on couchsurfing/meetup or language exchanges in the area you're moving to, there will be people at these things who are interested in travelling so you'll have a talking point answering questions about your country.
>>
>>18731060

Interpals.net
>>
Search international events in your city on facebook. Some meetings for foreign strangers to socialize and meet or simply some parties and hobby, sport events.
>>
>>18731077
Programmer, got a job at a renowned company
>>18731094
I'm white catholic male :^) employed for diversity crazed company so you don't need to be a minority to get a visa/card. You just need higher education and some skills/knowledge to secure a job and the visa.
>>18731115
My job is located there, I won't be studying.
>>
>>18731368

You'll probably make friends at work. Just be friendly to people. Your accent alone will be interesting to people. So if you're friendly and open people will talk to you
>>
>>18731388
Dude, I literally have written that I'm so autistic I havent made a friend at university, let alone at work. If I were an outgoing person, I wouldn't have asked for anyone's help.

Moreover, I doubt that 30+ yo people at my work will want to hang out with a kid like me.
>>
>>18731412

There will probably be people your age at your job. That or even if they are 30+ you'll probably befriend them. I'm 26 and a lot of my co-workers are 35+ and we all have common interests and get along fine
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.