[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why's my dad such an asshole to me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
I'm by no means a wimp but lately I've noticed the difference between how my dad treats my sister and how he treats me. It started in my teenage years. He was my hero in my childhood but we grew apart in my teenage years. He was cold, indifferent, rude and a bully to me. Recently he's been teaching me how to drive and he is a really rude and authoritative figure. I'm not flattering myself but I've always been smart and although he's an awful teacher, I learned everything by myself although I get to practice in his car.
But each time, I'm close to tears because he yells and shouts at me instead of guiding me.
I look at other people's dads and I really feel mine hates me. What could be the problem?
>>
I had a father who was a bit worse, but did very similar things a lot of the time. He left and I realised just how much of a shit cunt he actually was. Honestly, my advice is to do your best to reduce the value of his opinion to you. He might be your father, but that doesn't make him any less of a human, and humans all have the ability to be disappointing cunts. Try and find more purchase in your own opinion of yourself, without letting him impact on it so much.
>>
>>18731055
Have you tried talking to him about why he's being this way? It sounds to me like he's having some very difficult personal issues and he probably sees you as the only acceptable outlet since you are a man. I bet he is still very kind to your mom too right?
>>
>>18731055
He sounds like he thinks that being a "man" is equal to being a brute
>>
>>18731067
it's too late, his bullying tactics have led to me developing low self esteem among other things. I hold my own nowadays but it seems like he's always trying to break me. And I wonder why he hates me so much.
>>
>>18731079
I really can't talk to him, he's a narcissist who thinks he's always right. It's terrible that he sees me that the outlet and he is so fucking nice to my sister.
>>18731102
That's true. He's bullied my mother over the years too. Although he's fat himself, he called my mom a 'fat cow' despite her being pretty thin. He's just a really unpleasant person on the whole.
>>
>>18731055
My dad was the same. Vey bad reacher, no patience, very reactive personality, could get angry and start shouting over bullshit.

Its common i guess.
>>
>>18731118
But at the same time, there are good parents whose kids tend to fare better as a result of them developing a better emotional ground. I've grown to resent my dad and I can't wait to remove him from my life once I become independent.
>>
>>18731124
Yeah, i have self esteem issues as well. While all cant be blamed on my father, i still feel like it might have been a contributing factor.
>>
>>18731114
>he's a narcissist who thinks he's always right
It's up to you to set boundaries when he doesn't know them. When he's yelling you tell him that this isn't the way to talk to you.
>>
>>18731055

I am very different from my parents or brothers and sisters: quieter, high performing but boasting little.

I moved to another country and now I am OK. That happens, we all are different and having to live too long with some people is not healthy for all.
>>
>>18731055
On father's day my dad said "it's the sons and mothers that are suppose to spoil each other, while it's the fathers and daughters that are spoil each other"

guy only has sons
>>
>>18731055
i was in the similar situation OP

my dad and i also grew apart in my teenage years and i haven't looked him straight in the eyes in more than 10 years

i just look away when i talk to him, it's not much but it helps
>>
>>18731055
Just put your big boy pants on and tell him politely but firmly that the way hes talking to you is not constructive and that you will drive him home immediately if he decides to continue. Don't shout back just provide social consequences for his behavior.
>>
>>18731055
It's time to start beating the shit out of your dad.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.