[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become more open, accepting and tolerant? Serious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: sverige.jpg (143KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
sverige.jpg
143KB, 1024x583px
How do I become more open, accepting and tolerant? Serious.
>>
Just b urself :^)
>>
>>18730985
A good psychadelic trip will do that. Seriously.

Plenty of sources on nih.gov (government portal for peer review medical journals) to support this.
>>
>>18730985
I pray and try to remember that every person on earth is part of my family. Just look at everyone like a long lost aunt, uncle, grandparent, brother or sister. Try to be understanding that everyone has had a tpugh life and some of them act out because of it. You'll find yourself more sympathetic and more merciful. I pray for people silently when I see them struggling too if there is no way for me to physically help them. Love God and remember his love for you and it starts to come easier and easier.
>>
>>18730985
Your survival instinct died such a long time ago. Who cares what you are? Your civilization is about to get turned into a liberal eurafrican hellblob.
>>
You dont know what your talking about
>>
any actual advice besides drugs and god?

i'm completely jaded and ready to quit modern life
>>
>>18731127
i've been torn between "you don't" and "deus vult" since seeing this thread crop up. leaning more towards the latter honestly.
>>
>>18731127
Good! Complete cognitive dissonance that you would want to be part of a society that is fucking replacing you.
>>
File: 0980.gif (477KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
0980.gif
477KB, 500x240px
>>18731049
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1505604280647.png (770KB, 871x677px) Image search: [Google]
1505604280647.png
770KB, 871x677px
>>18730991
no it wont. I did acid and shrooms and now i'm a full blown Nazi. I can't physically think otherwise now that I see how everything is just a social constructs built upon meaninglessness in a world of nothing more than environmentally designed self replicating DNA. time doesn't really exist and the grass between your toes is your cousin. If Israel is a military ethnostate located in the original heart of human civilization and every single political issue of the past 200 years is related back to them by hard facts and half of human civilizations opinion then maybe things aren't actually what media and current 'social authorities' attempt to influence. Civilization has existed for only 2000 winters and no ones going to tell me that this collectively communicated action that is society hasn't been nothing but people screwing each other over. Don't tell me politics isn't kill or be killed at its core and don't tell me that any social creature wants anything else more than to just feel important.

the definition of tolerance is to willingly ignore or be ignorant of something negative.
to do that you need to narrow your mind rather than open it.
>>
>>18732322
>peer-reviewed journals supporting psychedelics encouraging more tolerance and open-mindedness
>"all of that is bullshit cuz muh anecdote!"
>>
File: ojno.jpg (49KB, 688x690px)
ojno.jpg
49KB, 688x690px
>>18732334
try acid. try shrooms. It does open your mind. but not within your definition of it.

maybe you'll realize that you are attempting to argue the semantics for a point i'm not actually making
>>
>when you catch yourself contradicting your own opinions/beliefs or being hypocritical, pause and let that sink in instead of instantly trying to rationalize why it's different
>same for when your expectations are defied
>actively go out of your way to allow your views to be challenged (e.g. try to befriend someone gay if you think gay people are all weirdos, adjust according to your thoughts), don't just consume media that fit into the world view that's already closest to yours
>practice in your head with arguing different sides, like it's for a debating competition
>realize that many times people value the same things, they just differ on how to best achieve those (e.g. if you compare liberal politics to conservative politics)
>>
The above advice on drugs or whatever else is bullshit.

The only way to "open" your mind up, is to care less about your own personal value system that you have built up over the years. The more you care about your own values the more likely you are always going to be clashing with other people
>>
File: 1389585141700.jpg (47KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
1389585141700.jpg
47KB, 405x720px
>>18732322

>no it wont. I did acid and shrooms and now i'm a full blown Nazi.

So go to >>>/pol/ then. I'm confused as to why you're still here arguing with us when the echo chamber you so desperately seek is literally one click away.
>>
File: 1505465857794.jpg (61KB, 486x595px) Image search: [Google]
1505465857794.jpg
61KB, 486x595px
>>18732607
whats confusing you? do you feel as if you are incapable of sharing my perspective? Do you recognize that you make an active decision to characterize what saying as an argument? You desire an echo chamber. Not I.

in fact If I met you in person I would have you agree with every point i'm making. As nothing I have said is wrong but you have merely characterized it as being wrong. perhaps you will look at my text and attempt to discuss semantics. which is easy enough to clarify and is only apart of the process of understanding.
>>
>>18732523

The other anon said anecdote. As in your experience will differ from the masses.

But when decades of mass studies find it helps cope with depression and makes people more open, more agreeable, more charitable, calmer and more loving of all people, you lose.

It doesnt surprise me at all that some people have bad experiences.

But basically youd be saying the same poppycock if in another thread i told someone eggs are a great source of protein and you said "Nuh uh!!! I had an egg once and my throat swelled shut and i nearly died!!! I had to go to the hospital!!!"

Guess what. Not all people can eat an egg. It doesnt change what an egg does for the vast majority of all people.
>>
>>18732675
People like you are the new sjw.

Youre extreme, misguided, blinded by how smart you think you are, youre an extreme minority who thinks youre the new world religion, youre in peoples faces with shit no one cares about, and youre annoying af.

I hated sjws before and thought they were the worst of humanity. You actually topped them. Turn off the internet and go outside and find out first hand what people are actually like faggot. Jaysus.
>>
File: 1505456618540.jpg (394KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1505456618540.jpg
394KB, 1280x1280px
>>18732680
I like how you say "you lose" after saying something I completely agree with
>it makes people more open, more agreeable, more charitable, calmer and more loving of all people.

yep true as correlation
although causation is a different and an far more complex subject.

OP seems to want to be ignorant of the way of life is shifting around him. hence the use of the word 'tolerance'. psychedelics will not help him achieve such a desire since it is clearly a conflict that of his own perspective. I'n fact it will likely just amplify his obsession with that conflict unless he finds something far more significant to him to think about.

but OP do try psychedelics. you'll love them.
;)
>>
File: tenor-2.gif (2MB, 498x372px) Image search: [Google]
tenor-2.gif
2MB, 498x372px
>>18732675

You're a very deluded individual. An argument with you is a zero sum game because you've managed to pseudo-intellectualize all of your opinions to characterize anyone who disagrees with you as someone who does so because they aren't smart enough to understand you.

I'm not confused. You have a view of the world that I inherently disagree with. The achilles heel in your logic is that you believe the concept that "facts" have caused you to become a close-minded Nazi, not the disappointingly average reality that you aren't some super informed intellectual who has discovered the true meaning of the world but that you're just another simple, inherently flawed human being who sees what he wants to see and internalizes the facts he wants to internalize to fit a predetermined viewpoint he already believed was true long before the "facts" convinced him.

The fact that you can sit and unironically say "Nothing I have said is wrong" without even the slightest acknowledgement of the heavily subjective nature of your opinion says to me that you're nowhere near as intellectual as you think you are. More so, you are, if nothing else, not at all interested in having any discussion in which your opponent doesn't give you the conversational space to exalt your ideas as superior to theirs. You lost this debate before it even started because you demand concrete evidence against an idea you created with super intentional confirmation bias and anecdotal observations. You put an intellectual burden on your opponent to use objective fact to debunk your opinions without even taking the effort to back up your own opinion with objective fact to begin with. You're asking us to solve an equation that you only pretend to know the solution to. I'm certainly not interested in playing this zero-sum game with you. You're just another sad, disenfranchised asshole from /pol/ that is more concerned with being right than being logical. With that, I bid you a good day.
>>
>>18732322
i think it triggered a psychotic episode instead man
>>
File: xgh.jpg (71KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
xgh.jpg
71KB, 1050x590px
>>18732753
what have I said that is subjective? That the existence of Israel as a country has profound geo-political implications? you seem to dislike that I'm not discussing something you are capable of addressing in a manner that suits you beyond baseless ad hominem

I like you a lot anon. your emotion displays a lot of character even through text.
>>
We're all just trying to be happy is the way I see it. People undoubtedly do awful things to each other all the time, in the end it's easy to just want to hurt them back but there's definitely something to be gained in trying to understand why they do what they do.
>>
Try to think that everyone is a cool guy and an asshole at the same time, we all got good and bad in us and we all got reasons, maybe not good reasons, maybe so, but just listen buddy, and never stop learning. Never stop learning. The first time you realize you were wrong about a thing, realize you could be wrong about ANYthing. Leave no sacred cow unslaughtered.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.