[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting a new phase of life advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: CA.jpg (13KB, 260x194px)
CA.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
Today I start a new phase of my life, after failing my first university degree. I am moving on to do a degree in another college, but part of me is asking why I had to follow my parent's wishes to continue going to college when my first two years in university have been so unpleasant and depressing due a bully culture by the staff in the course. To me, the entire things that 'college is meant to be the best days of your life' is a lie and since I've been fooled once, I don't want to be fooled again, and I don't want to stagnate another 3 years of my life to just get a degree so that I can aim for a graduate scheme or good paying job that is unrelated to my studies.

I do want to drop out and start my own business importing oriental goods into this country, I know that it will be lucrative given the demand for such things and the lack of suppliers in the United Kingdom, and I do have connections to Asia because I have lived there before. I don't understand all the legalities and paperwork to business yet but I can learn, and I have had 3 years of retail experience being a part time manager in a Waitrose Store, and I've picked up skills such as changing a baler, personnel management, store lock up etc. My parents think I'm too young to get out into the real world, but is 21 years of age too young to start a business or should I just tolerate university for another 3 years to have a degree and then pursue my interests?
>>
>>18730731
21 is not too young to start a business. But it is too young to start the type of business that you are talking about. Because the business you are talking about requires a large amount of capital. You need a lot of people to do a job like that and with a lot of labor comes a lot of auxiliary people that cost a butt load of money. You could never achieve the capital for this.

I personally don't think that dropping out of college is the right move. In fact, applying yourself to learning about business and economics, accounting then going on and learning specifically about shipping businesses, and mercantilism would be a much more rich and rewarding path in life.

On another note though. Usually when young people make it big, they usually never have a widely widely lucrative first business. Maybe they make a few hundred k or a few million. But compared to the investment in that company sometimes $0 there returns are absolutely astonishing. This is why coding seems to be like such a lucrative market. Many young coders might not make 50 mill but so many become rich from the products they create.

There are other businesses like this, it's not just computer coding you just have to be savvy.
>>
>>18730731
Do what you want. Not what your parents want lol. You're an adult for fuck sake, take some initiative and self direction here. College is a pure waste of time for 70% of people these days anyway - and only becoming more irrelevant as the years roll by.

Bottom line is, do what's best for you. If you're old enough to be in college then you're old enough to not be following your parents orders.
>>
Skimmed through your post. I will say, don't do university if you don't want to do it. You need to be motivated to attend your lectures, study for exams, and write/edit your papers -- no one is going to do that for you. The end result, from being unmotivated to do something, is always failure.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.