[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a roommate if you're introverted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: whatever.jpg (23KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
23KB, 320x224px
Those of you who are introverted and have had roommates, is it hard? My friend wants me to get an apartment with him and to me it sounds like a living nightmare. I need my sanctum away from people in order to keep my sanity after a day of working with people.
>>
Can be. Though living with someone I already knew was much easier than a rando.

My college requires 2 full years in the dorms. First year I did it I got lucky and my roommate was a ghost roommate. Her stuff was there, but she otherwise spent 99% of her time at her sorority house. And the second semester she moved there completely, and the university never did assign me a new roommate. So I basically had my own room.
Second year my friend from high school who was a year younger than me ended up at my college, so I roomed with her. This was hard because I too like having my own space to decompress.
I got one of pic related, which really did help a lot. She also had a social life so she wasn't in the room 24/7 and I got some privacy due to that. Also since we were friends I felt more comfortable talking to her about things that bothered me or if I needed space.
But, she dropped out at semester, and I was assigned the roommate from hell. Bitch talked on the phone 24 hours a day, and never left. Idk if she even took classes, bc she was always there. It about drove me mad because I never had any private time. I ended up just sitting in the bathroom for hours just so I could be alone.
Then I moved off campus into a rental house. I have my own room and bathroom, but I share the house with 2 other people. I can live with this desu, as long as I have 4 walls and a door I can close to call my own, I can manage. The shared spaces drive me mad sometimes, they like to encroach on my spaces within them (like, putting their shit on my shelf in the fridge, on my part of the counter, etc) but I can at least escape to my own room to relax.

So, I'd say as long as your apartment is a 2 bedroom deal you can probably manage. If it's a flat though, yeah might not want to do that. Also, living together tests friendships something hard. One of my current housemates is a long time friend, and I kind of want to kill her sometimes.
>>
I've have tons of experience finding roommates through Craigslist as a introvert. I use to not make that much money and would cycle through cheap rental units through metropolitan areas like Los Angeles and Seattle.
Ive had roommates where they expected to be friends and hangout during off times and roommates that mind there own business. Just find the ads where they're straight to the point and be honest with them. I would tell people I like to drink beers and play videogames and I'm pretty passive when there a mess but would clean it up without mentioning anything. And they'll be straight forward if they want a dry house and how they like to keep it. Just be careful and always have copy's of any leases you sign and have them write receipts if they request cash payments. Just do bunch of tours and meet face to face with the people and you'll get to feel what kind of person they are and know they'll mind there own business.
>>
Also I had a friend as a room mate. It's not to bad except it could end for the worst because you have obligations to do them favors. I would rather have randoms as room mates because I don't give two shits if they don't like me. Business is business.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.