[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1503546456628.jpg (22KB, 316x255px) Image search: [Google]
1503546456628.jpg
22KB, 316x255px
So I'm in my final full year of college and basically college has been the most stressful experience of my life, but that's nothing special or unique I know. I've been basically bottling it up and pressing it back to just "power through" for 4 years now. I started seeing the "free" college therapist (aka paid for in tuition anyway), but I'm only gonna be here another year and due to the traffic the counseling center gets from all the other uni students going through the exact same bullshit as me, I can only see her like, once every other week. I'm pretty sure I can't undo 4 years of shit in that short of time.
I can go into detail on what all my specific worries are if anyone wants to take a crack at me in another post but anyway

>TL;DR
What does a broke ass, unemployed/working paycheck to paycheck, debt ridden person do for mental health services post college? Assuming with no insurance.

Also, I want to know what happens if I were to actually admit to my therapist I sometimes consider suicide, or that I self harm in any way? Is that an immediate trip to the psych ward? I don't want to be hospitalized, I've got too much homework for that shit.

Finally, are eating disorders considered self harm? Once again, would talking about the fact I've got anorexic eating patterns get my ass sent to a hospital?

What is a therapist required to report to law enforcement or something? I know they've gotta be mandated reporters. I just wanna know what I can and cannot say to them if I value my freedom. If anyone is a professional, please chime in.
>>
bump :(
>>
>>18728354
I wish I could help more, but for your last question, therapists are required to report suicidal ideation is you go into detail about method and timeframe. Being general means they won't report you, but be prepared for that to be their main focus (as opposed to the issues that caused it and probably matter more to you). I'm not saying you can't get them to talk about the other stuff, but it might be more effort than you want.
>>
>>18728772
Gotcha, thank you that's what I really wanted to know.

So like if I just say "sometimes I feel like I don't want to live anymore" that's ok, but something like "If I don't feel better by next week I'm gonna shoot myself" would get my ass sent to psycho jail.

But yeah you're right, it's probably not worth bringing up unless I am actually gonna do it anyway.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.