[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1503047019892.png (763KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503047019892.png
763KB, 700x900px
I don't respect my dad. When he came back from his tours in Iraq and NI, he became a heroin addict and neglected to care about me or my mother. They split up, he continued his habit while doing questionable shit like shoplifting, even going as far as to use me to sneak stuff out as a child. He always says he's there for me, but he does literally nothing but watch tv all day while getting prescription methadone and benefits from the government. Never really initiates contact or proposes to do anything with me, it's up to me and he always makes excuses not to go. In a way I feel like a dick for disliking him because he's my dad, but at the same time I look at how good my mother has been with me in comparison and I think I'm right in my thinking. He just wallows in self pity and blames his problems on everyone else. Is my way of thinking reasonable?
>>
>>18727804

Well I don't know what he did or saw over there. But I'm sure that had a major impact on the man.

War fucks people over. Your father is a casualty. Seems like he needs help, though most people don't recover. Tried telling him this?
>>
>>18727810
Yes, tried to tell him self improvement is the way to go to get better. Asked him to come to the gym with me, see a counseller, get hobbies to meet people. Not interested - only tv, youtube and his meth fix .
>>
>>18727804
It's obvious that you love your dad otherwise you wouldn't have bothered asking for help.

He is probably struggling very hard with something he can't let go of. He needs help and love. Try talking to him about why he is being this way and tell him you want to help him. Just keep reaching out in love. You will reach him one day. It may take years but don't give up.
>>
>>18727816

I'm not telling you to accept him the way he is, but understand why he is that way instead, and try to move on
>>
>>18727804
I think talking about someone's family is a lame, super low form of "trolling" desu. Makes it seem you're low on trolling material
>>
You ever been in the shit, friend? Hard to get that stink off, even for love. I'm sorry that this happened, and I'm not telling you to forgive him, but somethings that are broken can not be fixed.
>>
>>18728200
Knowing what kind of person he was before the drugs turned his brains to mush frustrates me and makes me want to change him back, but at this point it's probably too late. You're right, need to move on, it's his life not mine.
>>18728214
What?
>>
Meth causes permanent brain damage every time you put it in your body. He needs to get sober, but he never will. Just call it anon. Let this be a lesson to not "serve your country"
>>
sorry op
but i got some anxiety reading your post.
been neeting with my parents since graduating from uni. everything before that was smooth sailing. but once i got home i just kind of shut down and escaped. one part of me said i had to do something so i busied myself with various things.

tbqh, I still feel broken. I feel like half the person people around me are, with all their energy and gusto. I still think its best to just careen off a cliff on one of my night drives. but eventually i giggle to youtube and go to bed.
>>
>>18728294
Why do you feel broken? Because you're NEET?
>>
>>18728559
Because I have no dreams or motivation
>>
>>18728584
I was similar until I had experienced more of the world to see what mattered to me. Tried everything like music, gaming, even wasted 3 years travelling in the merchant navy - none of this shit that made other people happy was for me. I discovered my dreams are very basic - I want to to bodybuild, get a girlfriend and a secure group of friends. If you're struggling to find what you're passionate about, look at the things you spend money on regularly (on top of basic living expenses).
>>
>>18728626
Thanks man
Want you to know your words matter to me
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.