[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with loss, change, and letting go of the past?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: Intrusive.png (327KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
Intrusive.png
327KB, 500x327px
I'm more than willing to bet a number of people here have severe anxiety issues. I'm not talking about getting nervous about a new job, a marriage, or shit like that. I'm talking about where almost every aspect of your life causes you to stress or worry. Even the smallest change causes excessive and severe panic to the point of becoming sick,

I'm talking about things from years in the past haunt your memory every moment of every day. Every thought is an intrusive thought and you can't stop them no matter what you do.

For me it is remembering one friend and I being betrayed by two of other other best friends. They didn't want us around anymore, just out of the blue. They replaced us and severed all contact. The other friend of mine moved past it after a number of years but I never did. I became excessively paranoid, afraid of everything and everyone. I was and still am socially and emotionally crippled. I developed a stutter and lost dozens of pounds (now under 120lbs.)

Since then I have tried numerous times to confront the issue. New groups of friends were made and while nothing bad ever happened it never seems to last. Each time the group has just kind of gone their separate ways. Everyone either became too busy, or stopped logging on, etc.

I think about what once was and how much I miss those times, those people. The nostalgia feeds into a severe depression and the constant anxiety. I know these people are gone, I know I won't see them again, but I can't move on and I can't stop thinking about them.

I obsess over the past every day and don't know how to stop. I can't deal with the loss and I can't seem to let go no matter how many times I try to.

Did anyone else ever suffer from this? How do you let go? How do you forget? How do you move on?
>>
Also worth mentioning I tried seeing a Psyche once. He prescribed me Risperdal which is notorious for causing a number of issues such as breast growth in men.

I guess I got off a little bit lucky. I only sprouted a TSH secreting pituitary tumor.
>>
>>18726415
I have physical advice but no mental advice for u. exercise is key to kill off depression for long periods of time if u suffer from it. Drinking lemon water daily can boost your mood little by little. lemons are scientifically shown to slow down depression and anxiety close to prescribed medicine. exercising has even better effects on the brain and are more immediate than a few lemons, but don't give up on the lemons. exercising gives you a high that depletes stress levels at a faster rate. Another advice I have for you is taking cold showers. cold showers give you an adrenaline rush and boost your mood for a few hours. taking a cold shower daily slowly increases your mood. I have been on these 3 things for a while and they seem to work. let alone all the side health benefits they provide like wright loss and healthy skin. But I'm pretty sure you don't need to lose anymore weight. as for your friends, I don't know what to tell you since I don't have many friends or close ones for that matter. I stay away from people as much as possible and close to only 1 or 2. as for coping with depression and anxiety I can give u those 3 tips. they really do help if you give them a try.

I'm also on nofap but I'm not sure how well nofaps boost your mood.
>>
Have you tried seeing a therapist? not a medication prescribing one, a talking kind of one. They can help with moving past traumatic issues and also use systems like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help with obsessive thoughts. IT takes a bit more of a commitment from you, it wont work if you only go a few times and it doesnt work as quickly as medication can but it can change your life. give it a try, what are you out? a little talking never hurt anyone.
>>
>>18726415
>I lost dozens of pounds (now under 120lbs.)
When I cut contacts with one of my friends I gain some weight. I wonder if there's a pattern...
You could try it: Ditch someone! Maybe you gain weight.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.