[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it bizarre that i tend to befriend much older people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

a lot of my friends are a lot older than me. i feel okay about this socially but in other environments ie work, school where social roles are more strictly designated i'm a bit confused and even embarrrased by it. when is it a good dynamic and when is it problematic? seems that things are further complicated by my tendency to relate much better to the opposite gender.

do you guys have age gap friendships? when is it okay and when is it weird?
>>
I have friends ranging from early 20s to literally old enough to be my parent. It's only as weird as you make it.
>>
>>18726206 it only feels problematic when i'm at work and seniority becomes an issue. "weird" isn't the word so much as "possibly exploitative". i feel less comfortable when there are other people watching i guess, it doesn't seem like other people have my ability for intergenerational communication.
>>
>>18726206
This. I tend to get along with people older than I am. Teenagers and people in their early 20s are largely insufferable.
>>
It's completely normal. Others your age may think that it's weird, but then again I feel like any of their opinions wouldn't matter anyway.
>>
>>18726192
I'm 26 and by all accounts look a solid 10 years older, most of my friends are 16-22. Sometimes I get self conscious about it, but my friends always tell me not to worry about it.
>>
>>18726192
I'm in my 20s and all but five of my friends are 30s+, with a handful even being in their 50s. Frankly, I just find older people to be more interesting on average and they make good friends because they can give solid advice and have great connections.
>>
Nothing wrong with it. I am 29 and most of my friends are 40-60. The only problem is finding a significant other. I have had 4 different women twice my age tell me if they where younger they would be all over me but that doesn't do me much good. Meanwhile most of the women my age are completely unrelatable.
>>
>>18726819
>they can give solid advice and have great connections.
that's exactly what it is
my age gaps are out of control tho, 25+ years on average. as a rule i can't stand teenagers either but i have to wonder what some of these older men are seeing in me.

when i was younger i would have worried that these guys were looking for fresh meat and i would have been right.

>>18726849
>The only problem is finding a significant other. I have had 4 different women twice my age tell me if they where younger they would be all over me but that doesn't do me much good.
that's an odd sentiment... i feel very uncomfortable dating older men. there are probably some good reasons for this, not all of these relationships are above-board.

why do you guys suppose you tend to shoot older? will echo the sentiment
>Teenagers and people in their early 20s are largely insufferable.
>>
>>18726192
>I befreind older people
so you're the no-bullshit type? that's very good.

>I relate to the other gender
okay well gender is a spook so who gives a shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.