[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my friends is an overweight neckbeard who used to be that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

One of my friends is an overweight neckbeard who used to be that edgy kid in school who was nihilistic, thought that being cynical and jaded was cool, listened to screamo and death metal and was so atheist that he was basically anti-religious. He is still pretty edgy and displays most of the same traits to a slightly lesser degree. Despite these things, he is my friend and I want to help him. Sometimes he asks me for dating advice, but I have trouble finding the right words to pass on my advice.

One of the things holding him back, in my opinion, is the fact that he doesn't take care of his image. He likes to blame his romantic failures on the fact that ALL women are just self-absorbed, shallow bitches, often saying things like "when a handsome guy plays video games it's cute and nerdy, but when I do it's gross and cringy." While I know /adv/ shares these opinions on women, I need help with finding the words to let him see that having the personality of a nihilistic cynical asshole with the looks of a fat neckbeard who only owns T-shirts with metal bands on them is the reason why nobody considers him a sexual or romantic contender. He doesn't understand that to catch a woman's interest is something most people have to work for, and it isn't just life being unfair to him. My hope is that he'll stop complaining about women being attracted to the men who actually try, and instead become a man who actually tries. How do I tell this to him?
>>
>>18726136
How old is he? Also have you asked that if he knows so much about what women want, why doesn't he change himself to be what women want?
>>
>>18726136
Send him link to this
>>>/fit/ sticky

Until he stop being morbidly obese, there is nothing you can do for him. He will either take it or die alone. Nothing else can be for him.

And remember, some people are destined to be taken out from gene pool. And for a good reason.
>>
>>18726136
Tell him that Darwin's theory is working, and he can't do anything about it.
>>
>>18726136
>owns T-shirts with metal bands on them is the reason why nobody considers him a sexual or romantic contender
But that pretty much the definition of shallowness.
Maybe the problem isnt in his T shirts or how he dresses or how he looks but what his personality is thats unappealing to women.
Have you considered that maybe?
>>
>>18726152
Femanon here, if a guy is an obese neckbeard then his looks are definitely unappealing to women. His personality wouldn't help, but his looks are the initial problem.
>>
>>18726159
Lel what a shallow, pitiful person you are.
>>
>>18726166
If it's shallow to not want to date someone unattractive, then I'm happy to be called shallow. Do you date fat legbeards?
>>
>>18726140
He's 21. I'll try that next time.

>>18726141
Overweight =/= morbidly obese
And get out of here with your "height/face/frame means good genes" bullshit

>>18726152
If you read my post you would also see that I said "...personality of a nihilistic cynical asshole... is the reason why..."
Regardless, there is no denying that every person values physical appearance on some level and he pretends that his appearance is something that he can't change.
>>
>>18726191
>He's 21
If he's not receptive to your feedback, I say drop it. He'll either grow out of it and get his shit together, or you'll grow apart the more bitter he gets and eventually you'll ditch him. I get that you want to help him, but he needs to be receptive to your help and he sounds like the sort of guy would would resent being told that he should change for women and that women should love him for what he is.
>>
>>18726191
>genes bullshit
To procreate you need a healthy mix of good character, not being super ugly and being clever ebough to understand social games. Your friend is anything but that and imho he is very immature or maybe plain stupid. Who knows, maybe in the next decade he will "grow up".

If he isnt willing to improve himself, he is free to go die alone. Simple as that. Send him to /fit. That is first the most easy step. Until then, nobody can help him.
>>
File: 1488015296689.jpg (274KB, 650x587px) Image search: [Google]
1488015296689.jpg
274KB, 650x587px
>>18726191
>And get out of here with your "height/face/frame means good genes" bullshit
>bullshit

there it is
>>
>>18726204
That sounds like a surprisingly good summary of his mindset

>>18726205
I think by procreate you mean have casual sex, where you don't pass on your genes because you don't have offspring.
But I do agree that he has to improve first

>>18726208
In biology, when you learned about evolution, did they teach you about hot people with good frames or did they teach you about apes becoming bipedal, birds developing different beaks and aquatic animals moving to land?
>>
>>18726166
what a fucking hypocrite you are
t. a man
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.