[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i into archery?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1503938613713.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1503938613713.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
I basically have a year off school thanks to sum bullshit and i kinda got interested in archery. So basically how do i get into it? Can i rent a bow or what?
>>
>>18725624
Just look for an archery club, or a kyudo club if you want to drink tea while doing archery.
>>
Check in with your local rod and gun club or whatever similar thing you have nearby. Sport rental places may also have archery equipment but I am not entirely sure.
>>
>>18725624
Auscunt here - 1 of my kids did it for a while.
>Search for local archery clubs
>Ring to enquire - cost etc.
We did $20 for the 1st lesson and $10 each one after for 12 weeks of training probation, then we could apply to join club (couple of hundred dollaryoos for life from memory)
>go, they lend you for each lesson a simple compound bow usually with an easy draw, string, wrist guad and half a doz arrows.
>shoot according to rules - grounds master blows whistle, you step to line, shoot at leisure then once everyones done whistle blows and you retrieve arrows
>rinse repeat till they call time - as you get more adv. the members have separate times to shoot
>help put everything away - including targets etc., this help is expected and you'll get a bad name (probably no invitation to join either) if you don't help.

Gud sport for relaxing - if that makes sense. Not very physical comparatively but you'll need strength in you chest and arms.
I would buy my own wristguard to begin with - the ones we were offered had been used, extensively. And leather so not washed...
>>
Yeah, search online for archery clubs.
"Archery tag" is becoming a thing too.

Can always look for reenactment/LARP groups, they tend to have some.
If you're american then renaissance fairs may have something.

You can get a BASIC bow for under $40/€40/£30 but decent ones start at twice that.
Look online or in big/outdoorsy shops.
>>
>>18725624
Find a range nearby, they usually have archery days. Also, you can check out the local community college or your city recreation guide, although the latter is usually going to be for kids.

Start with a fiberglass laminated recurve bow. They usually break down into three parts for storage, and they don't teach you bad habits like a compound does. Get a set of wood arrows to start with. Any that are bent, you can heat over a pot of water and bend straight. Don't get fiberglass arrows, they're designed to be cheap trash. You can get gucci carbon arrows later on when you're good enough to keep them all on the target, but they're expensive and relatively fragile.
>>
File: 87172600.TEXkkK9r.jpg (126KB, 668x800px) Image search: [Google]
87172600.TEXkkK9r.jpg
126KB, 668x800px
Sounds funny but wasn't -
>woman with big boobs
>comes to do archery
>"TWANG!11!"
Erey time...
If you're a femanon wear a decent fucking sports bra.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.