[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

antibiotics stomach ache?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: iStock-183430520.jpg (38KB, 714x490px) Image search: [Google]
iStock-183430520.jpg
38KB, 714x490px
HI anons, taking some antibiotics called doxycycline and I feel like it's making my stomach kinda feel uncomfortable/discomfort?

Is this normal? Should I take probiotics or something to offset the killing of good bacteria in my digestive tract? If so, when should I be taking the probiotics?

I take my antibiotics at 8 am and 8pm. the one in the morning is just with like 2 glasses of water but 8pm is with food.
>>
>>18725524
Totally normal, it's probably even listed on the side effects. I get really sick to my stomach any time I have to take antibiotics. They make lots of people puke. No probiotic you'll get the shits, eat a tums drink lots of water and eat something when you take them. Something absorbent like bread or crackers
>>
>>18725524
Yes completely normal. Yes take probiotics but be careful with dosage and such. You should already be taking probiotics. DO NOT STOP TAKING YOUR ANTIBIOTICS UNTIL YOU ARE TOLD TO DO SO OR YOU RUN OUT OF PILLS THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
>>
>>18725524
Yogurt has probiotics
>>
>>18725541
How come no probiotics? I thought they were supposed to replenish the good bacteria in your digestive system or something?

>>18725553
I have a week left!!!! when exactly should i be taking the probiotics? I take my antibiotics at 8am and 8pm. .

>>18725556
I can't eat yogurt because they said dairy might make my infection worse
>>
>>18725524
I actually take this too, just make sure you eat before you take it, and you should be all right. And don't take it right before you go to bed.
>>
>>18725572
I've been taking it on an empty stomach in the morning for the past week ugh. And i don't really eat breakfast in the morning.ughhhhhh i guess i have to eat breakfast now.
>>
>>18725574
eat your fucking breakfast you dipshit that's the whole reason for this fucking thread fuck
>>
>>18725712
I'm used to intermittent fasting thats why you bully! fuck.
>>
>>18725559
You are not sick from lack of good bacteria, you are sick from medication. It takes days and days for the antibiotics to kill stuff and even then they arnt going to kill off all the stuff in the digestive track. Your sick because it's hard on your stomach to brake down those drugs when you take a pill. A probiotic will just make you poop a bunch and feel worse. Take a tums and eat bread
>>
>>18725712
Like really you could have just read the fucking bottle it says on there "take with food" and you could have read the side effects that clearly list nausea. Even a fast google search would have told you what you needed to know. How dumb are you?
>>
>>18725574
You can take it at dinner time... perfect time is half way into your meal, so the pill is layered ain't food and cannot touch your stomach lining. Just be consistant.
>>
>>18725574
It says on the bottle to eat it with food
>>
take it with food
if it don't work take omeprazole
>>
>>18726203
Sorry just saw you take 2x, move the time. It maybe too late at night and that's causing the irritation when you sleep on it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.