[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me overcome my fears /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1426707139959.png (8KB, 450x401px) Image search: [Google]
1426707139959.png
8KB, 450x401px
Hi everyone. I'm trying to learn how to play sax but I have some deep-seated fears that are holding me back.

My parents shamed and teased me as a little girl whenever I tried to sing, play instruments and dance. They'd burst out laughing and tell me how bad I was and if I cried they'd tell me they were laughing with me not at me (I never thought it was funny). When I shut myself in my room and tried to sing or perform they'd barge in and do the same shit.

So I grew up unable to sing or dance comfortably, even when I'm alone. It's just a mental block but I'm having an unbelievably hard time overcoming it. I'm so afraid of people making fun of me. I want to stop giving a shit, obviously that's easier said than done.

Do I just need to stop being a little bitch and get over it? Therapy hasn't helped. I'm considering doing lsd or shrooms at this point.
>>
>>18725378
Yeah my parents are like that to. Just practice in your room and never show anyone your talents until you're really good.

you will definetly get bettter.
>>
>>18725378
>Do I just need to stop being a little bitch and get over it? Therapy hasn't helped.
:c part is being a little bitch, but part of this is also logically rooted and I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Shrooms or LSD might give you a breakthrough, but be careful and do them in a safe, calm environment where you know you'll be staying there for the whole day undisturbed with only good vibes while you trip.

Don't let your parents hold you back. They sound like horrible parents that probably had you way too young. Good on you for wanting to learn something new and playing the sax is bomb as fuck.
>>
>>18725383
I'm having a hard time practicing though. As soon as I get a note out I freeze up and immediately want to stop.

>>18725388
>Shrooms or LSD might give you a breakthrough, but be careful and do them in a safe, calm environment where you know you'll be staying there for the whole day undisturbed with only good vibes while you trip.

Yeah I'll definitely do that. I don't want to have a bad trip and end up even more fucked in the head.

I love how the sax sounds, I really want to play some sweet jazzy tunes. I hope I can get over this dumb fear.

Thanks for your encouragement, anons, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>18725378
healthy solution: therapy
dude solution: weed
unhealthy solution: lashing out at your parents

If I was you I would do the third one
>>
>>18725415
>>18725816
Actually though try weed before shrooms/lsd. If you even have a fear of a bad trip you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>18725378
Practice in front of a mirror then move on to practicing in front someone who will be kind and support your playing.
>>
>>18725378
Saxophone sucks. It's such a rough, brutish sounding instrument. Why not learn something graceful, like the piano?
>>
>>18725378

YOu get over it by realizing their hostility came from intimidation of you being better than them at something
>>
Just don't sing or dance? It's real easy
>>
>>18726031
It for sure did not.
>>
>>18725378
So as a 10 years old guitarist I think i can give you one essential tip. Once you start learning instrument you need some audience to verify your playing. And it has to be as often as possible. If you want to become a great musician the main goal is to make people that dont give a shit about music feel excited with your show. Obviously you wont be able to do it at start so firstly you should have looked for someone that will lead you with the basics. Private lessons could be great. But you need to come up with your plays as fast as you feel you can do. Sitting in front of the "mirror" and practising will never give you an experience of entertaining people wchich is a key of every musician. I personaly am in the spot when im not able to make a great show in front of people even tho i have some decent skills on my strings. Its all because i was so stuck with the feelin that i dont have enough skill to do so and i need to practise on my own instead. So the point is that you should never be afraid of the criticism. Its often bitter but it always a lesson for us and it makes us better at selling our emotions to others. Sorry for my English. I havent written anything in this language for a long time. Hope u will menage to dig throuh all the hate and become aa epic sax guy some day :)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.