[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martial Arts Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Bruce-Lee-jump[1].jpg (274KB, 1484x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Lee-jump[1].jpg
274KB, 1484x1040px
I want to get back at martial arts but I became too slow, heavy and weak over the years due to my awful lifestyle.
I want to change that. Start working out and eat healthy.
I like both bodybuilding and martial arts, I want speed, agility, power and strength combined.

Is there any hope for me? Can I git gud? I'm 21.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x278px
You should workout every other day
And mby during your workout drink a protean shake??? Then you can do shit like this...
(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . \)
>>
>>18725323

at this young age it is possible.

2 years ago a 17 y old started training in my section and at the beginning Ive made a bet with one of the guys. I've said that there is no hope for this kid as he is to slow and lazy.

Ive lost the bet.

Just remember if you start martial arts just keep going. 97% of people that pick up martial arts train for up to 3 months and just waste their time and most of all they waste the time of people in their section. These people are weak. Even if you arent the best just keep going.
>>
>>18725348
I was actually really good and adept at it, even the first day (not bragging).
I've lost that. Too fucking slow. my body weighing me down.

Any tips on how to become fast at attacking and defending? How should I train?
>>
>>18725323
Don't do martial arts. Here's why. Going to a "martial arts gym" is't paying $1000/year for a class once a week.

Go to a boxing gym. They actually cost $5-$10/month for use. You guys watch videos online, if you go you can also buy training from an instructor there. But at first just so you dont have to sign a $2000 contract you can just box around there. Use the heavy bag, use the speed bag. So on

eventually if u get good enough the instructor will even help you gert a partner to spar for real. Not soft shit with a mentally handicapped 9 year old.
>>
>>18725358

there were some guys that for whatever reason stopped going and then came back. Its just a matter of 3-6 months before they got back in shape.

>>18725360

fighting in gloves is like sex in front of monitor
>>
>>18725370
>>18725370
Yeah but you've never actually been in a fight that's the thing
>>
>>18725370

We're not talking just months here. We're talking years of a crappy lifestyle.
Sitting and playing video games for hours. Eating crap.
Did I mention I am a smoker?
I did quit for 8 months but that caused me to gain a lot of weight and stretch marks. I started again because of that.
>>
>>18725360
Boxing alone is fucking lame ignore everything this dumbass says and divert all resources to MMA
>>
>>18725410
Except MMA isn't real. All the MMA gyms are made for "marks" like you and htis fat ass guy to get $2000/year contracts off of.

That's why people who do MMA are the softest baby back bitches on earth.
>>
>>18725411
Literally what gym did you go to LMAO
>>
>>18725416
Non because I know how to fight. People at those gyms never punch eachother in the face. they just roll around on the ground and touch eachothers nuts and shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.