[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Periodontal disease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else have periodontitis/periodontal disease?

I have had great teeth my whole life (23y) but when I went to the dentist today he was taken aback by the fact that I had a tooth pocket that was 9mm deep. I had no idea what that meant when I was there, but since I got home I've been searching about the condition and I'm not very happy about what I'm finding.

Does any of you have periodontitis? How deep were your pockets? Did they recede? Did you do surgery? Remove tooth/teeth?
What happened?
>>
>>18725168
I actually just went to the dentist cuz I noticed a pocket in one of my gums. My tooth had been a little sore around the gums and it had receded a bit, and when I gently touched it it started bleeding, so I stuck a tiny plastic toothpick into the gum and realized I had a pocket. I don't wanna lose my teeth, and I know pockets are a fuckfest for bacteria, so I got that shit checked out. She cleaned out the pocket, including a small but irritating piece of tartar. She said I'd probably gotten the pocket because I grind my teeth like a motherfucker in my sleep and I'd gotten lazy on wearing the night guard. That and my nail biting habit. That was two days ago, and my tooth is already looking better. I've always had amazing teeth, like never had a cavity in my life despite drinking multiple cokes a day and being very shitty about brushing my teeth
>>
>>18725209
did she tell you how deep it was and how likely your gums were to reattach completely?

In general tooth pockets seem to be a small issue if it hasn't progressed very far but somehow I've gotten a ridicculously deep one from one visit to the dentist to the next
>>
>>18725240
She didn't tell me, but I saw her check the 1-3mm box on her computer so that's not too bad. She said my gums will probably heal just fine, or at least not recede any further. It's weird and I don't understand gums very well, because when I had braces my gums grew super aggressively, but then there she was talking like it's possible my gums just won't grow anymore
>>
I have it. Got it at 25. Never had cavities and brush normally. Genetics or perhaps bacteria from picking my gums. My pockets range from 3m to 9m.
>>
>>18725168
I got it .. I'm 50 and it got discovered three years back. My dentist, apart from cleaning out the pockets, assigned me the task of daily use of interdental brushes, 20 strokes btw all of my molars. This grinds the pockets down and while not curing the condition has reversed it back to gingivitis (I think he called it). I've lost one molar though but that apart it's under control .. or so the dentist say
>>
>>18725296
has your 9mm showed any sign of receding?
>>18725343
yeah, mine recommended me that too. Do you know about how deep yours were? My dentist seemed concerned about my pocket but not convinced that my tooth was lost - which the internet seems to be telling me. 9mm supposedly is in the advanced stage, at which removing the tooth is an alternative
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.