[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I-it's all about the face r-right guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1498864766280.png (817KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1498864766280.png
817KB, 808x805px
Why are so many people here worried about their face and I like my face but have 1001 other problems and insecurities instead?
>>
File: You-lied-to-me.png (126KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
You-lied-to-me.png
126KB, 600x700px
>average anon: "hey you are right the face isn't important it's all about being yourself"
>ask guy/girl out
>rejects you because they are turned off by your face
>their faces when
>>
File: 1489997849684.jpg (56KB, 499x288px) Image search: [Google]
1489997849684.jpg
56KB, 499x288px
>>18725069

>Why are so many people here worried about their face and I like my face but have 1001 other problems and insecurities instead?

Its a coping technique. The kids here cope with their fear and/or inability to properly address the issues in their life that they have the power to change by focusing all of their energy on the issues they can't really change; like their faces or how other people behave. They blame normies and feminists and chads and all sorts of external factors for all of the problems in their lives because the reality that they are responsible for their failures is too painful; its too real.

Our minds are expertly designed to protect itself from physical and emotional harm and sometimes that comes in the form of lying to ourselves to avoid immediate pain. Our habit of seeking immediate relief from suffering is a knee-jerk reaction in comparison to the challenge that often comes with accepting truths and making decisions that hurt us in the short term but greatly benefit us in the long term. Long story short, its a much much easier and less painful thing to blame your terrible love life on your face then it is to look in the mirror and accept that you aren't the person you thought you were.
>>
>>18725069
It's all about height.
>>
>>18725069
>>18725807
gtfo underage
>>
>>18725069
I'm one of em (and also you). It's because faces are the thing people relate to--I mean, the eyes are the windows to the soul. You aren't going to say that about big boobs or balls. Probably. Impressions are pretty important and people are visual, so yeah. To some people it makes sense to feel bad about your face. Some girls and guys have been rejected because of their face despite otherwise being /fit/.

Also >>18725998 is too real.
>>
>>18725998
>>18725998
Next time before posting a huge wall of shit think once more about what you wrote and maybe you won't turn out to sound like an asshole. No one is born equal. Beauty isn't subjective, it's engraved into our genes, our subconscious mind tells apart from potentially good and healthy vs. bad and with a fault.

It's the basic human instinct. You'd be lying if you told me you'd prefer a good personality paired with an ugly face over someone with a plain personality and a balanced, healthy good-looking face. You'd be going against your instinct and you know this deep down.

Then again, you and similar people who think they know everyone and everything never had to worry about this type of shit because you had it from the get-go, it was never an issue to begin with. You think you know everyone and how everything works. I can feel it in the tone of your post. You think you're above others.

Just because people don't want to talk about it because they refuse to accept that people subconsciously judge others based on their appearance and can't even fathom that some people really do lead shittier lives than others because they were unfortunate in the gene-recombination/genetic lottery part, doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist. Take a good look around you, it's all about the looks nowadays. It's all around us. So think hard next time when you feel the need to lecture people.
>>
>>18726096
And I'd say >>18726096 is too real too.

In reality I think it's a catch 22.
>counter-productive to focus on unfixable thing (face) over fixable things
>but can possibly still be a huge problem--people are blessed by the halo effect just as they are (in little ways) shunned by society by being ugly. Over time, if the person doesn't adapt properly, the problem grows exponentially

Feels bad. Good for people that get the fuck over it, though, and do something.
>>
>>18726096

Firstly, I'm sorry that my post made you so angry for some reason. I can only imagine that I struck a nerve with you somewhere and thats why you're responding with such vitriol.

Secondly, beauty isn't subjective at all. All you need to do is crack a history book and you'll see that beauty standards have changed drastically throughout the centuries. Evolutionary genetics do play a part in the type of partners we choose to pursue but, lets face it, you're not an expert on evolutionary genetics and neither am I.

>You'd be lying if you told me you'd prefer a good personality paired with an ugly face over someone with a plain personality and a balanced, healthy good-looking face

Don't presume to tell me what my values are. You don't know me. You have no logical basis to tell people that they're all programmed to value physical looks over emotional connection. Your point is simply untrue. You also have no logical basis to tell me that you and I perceive "ugly" the same way. Whats hideous to one person may be extremely attractive to another. The empirical evidence of that is everywhere, if you care to look.

>You think you know everyone and how everything works. I can feel it in the tone of your post. You think you're above others.

Again, I feel like you have some personal issue with my post that doesn't have anything to do with me or who I am as a person. I have a human mind just like everyone else. When I was a young kid I behaved the exact same way I described. I got older and got wiser and became more aware of my faults and the things my mind did to cover up my pain. I'm not going to spend too much time defending myself because, like I previously stated, I don't think your anger has anything to do with me. Whatever is going on with you it seems very personal.
>>
>>18726133

>And I'd say >>18726096 is too real too.

But I would challenge that post and say this; so you've spent your time and energy into deducing that you've lost the "genetic lottery", that sometimes you are judged based on your looks and that the entire world is stacked against you.

Now what? What is the benefit of embracing such a mindset? Where in that world view did you leave any room for self-improvement? Where in that world view did you leave any room to take at least SOME responsibility for the way people perceive you and the impression you leave on the people you interact with?

That mindset is a zero-sum game. That is my point. Whether or not you're less fortunate than other people has no bearing on the fact that accepting a defeatist world-view will always end in more disappointment and suffering than simply being unattractive would. Yes, its unfair, but having the emotional strength and wisdom to overcome a handicap or disadvantage of some kind will always be a more valuable position then sinking all of your energy into constructing emotional armor out of victimhood just to avoid hurt and rejection.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.