[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ADHD PI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Grant-haffner-5.jpg (79KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
Grant-haffner-5.jpg
79KB, 640x638px
who has it?
I feel like im retarded, and the reason I do like shit in college is because I just dont want to try
I recently found out that people with ADHD PI usually can manage without medication wich means im just lazy
I was on ritalin for a while and it was amazing but it stopped working, apparently amphetamines work better with PI but my doc doesnt like them so he wont prescribe them to me.

anyway, am I just lazy and depressed? why people say I shouldnt take medication? (please consider, I live in a third world country. plus people seem to think shit like depression and ADHD are psychological afflictions here and that the pharmaceutical industry invented mental illnesses)

could it be that the problem is that I just dont have any strong emotions? I feel everything would be easier if I wasnt so numb but I dont see a way I can change that, I consciously try to be more emotional all the time
>>
I have it, was diagnosed at 14 and I just know I have no executive function

reddit gets a bad wrap on this site for good reason, but the adhd subreddit is actually... pretty damn good.
>>
>>18724978
its too slow
plus I just want to know how you guys manage, I am a mess
I dont know how could I ever manage to study a career without some sort of medication
im drinking large amounts of coffee and it barely helps even tho I heard a lot of people that use caffeine as an alternative to meds and it works great for them

I think its a motivational issue so I might be alone in this problem, thats my concern
a lot of people have adhd-pi but is there any of them here that cant read more than a page of text to save their life? I feel retarded
>>
>>18725045

have you watched the Dr. barkley videos?

of course its a motivational issue... its an executive function disorder. Technically its a disability but we haven't gotten that far along yet..

I'm 25, diagnosed at 14, currently unmedicated and the only thing that keeps me somewhat normal is running and eating clean.

If I deviate from those two I get mood swings like crazy, I do impulsive stuff, I can't sleep, I get frustrated just listening to people talk and waiting for them to finish their sentences, etc, a lot of dumb shit

imo medication isn't a solution but neither is non-medicating... ADHD is a physical structure deficiency in the brain, it's not something you can completely overcome and 'defeat' with will power and effort.

It's always gonna be there and you just have to learn how to manage. It gets easier with age, but harder at the same time, if that makes any sense..
>>
>>18725065
I think I did, it rings a bell
>the only thing that keeps me somewhat normal is running and eating clean.
this, I know its time for me to start a healthier lifestyle but I just dont want to
ill start going to the gym next monday

I was on ritalin for a while but it stopped working, ive read that exercise and a healthy diet makes it more efficient tho
>>
>>18725085

definintely watch them all or just dl them and listen, they really paint a clear picture of what ADHD is and what it is not, and he is very good at speaking in laymans terms

Yeah man I have the same problem, I always go back and forth.. the thing that always gets me going again is trying to remember how good I feel when I complete a long run or lift.. and I just try to focus on that.

But even if you do go days/weeks without eating healthy/working out, don't beat yourself up, we do that enough to ourselves as it is.. just gotta be patient with yourself and be honest.
>>
>>18725102
thanks anon
now I know what to do
>>
File: 1505456618540.jpg (394KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1505456618540.jpg
394KB, 1280x1280px
>>18724879
Hitler had ADHD

theres a reason his slogan was "triumph of the will"
>>
just browse /r/nootropics
>>
>>18724879
u have autism not adhd, if you have to try to be emotional all of the time and people call you "lazy"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.