[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents are Financial Vampires, send stakes and holy water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: everything is slightly awful.jpg (26KB, 180x232px) Image search: [Google]
everything is slightly awful.jpg
26KB, 180x232px
Hello /adv/ so I've been in a situation for the past two or more years depending on your outlook on it, but I need some help because it's an all around shitfest.

>be currently entering second year of University
> parents are shit with money and pretty much always lived pay check to pay check
>large family with four other siblings still at home, I moved out to study
>over my entire life my parents have always had to "borrow" money from me or my siblings
>money would come from birthday gifts, Christmas and pretty much any job I had it would always lead to giving them money
>the money would go always go towards things of importance electricity or getting the car fixed so they could take my younger brothers to school or just buying basic groceries, they would never waste it on shit
>always felt a bit annoyed by it but I couldn't resent them for it because they genuinely needed it
>this goes on since early childhood and all the way to now when I've left home and I'm in university
>I still have to send them money every now and then, but this is when it started getting bad

Cont.
>>
>>18724736
I should note that due to my family's financial situation I get a fuck ton of maintenance loan to help me financially because I can't rely on my parents, it comes up to around £8500 (around $11500 for burgers) to spend on living cost and equipment for whatever I think is necessary and this is spilt into 3 payments over the course of a year. It's enough to live happily on however sometimes it can become a tight squeeze financially especially after rent and all the financial help I have to give to my parents.
Okay back to my shitfest.

>in my first year of University
>it started off normally where I'd give them money just to get by, but they started asking for more increasingly
>it got to the point where they asked me for £300 so they could get the car fixed, so mum could get to her job and take the kids to school
>I wanted to say no but I couldn't because they needed it or else they were gonna be screwed and just make things worse
>they said they would pay me back every time and sometimes they do, but most the time they don't in this case they didn't
>things become hard for me financially and because of this my gf has to support me, this makes me feel like absolute shit because it's not her job to buy me meals
>I told her about this situation and she understood it but at the same time she was right to think they shouldn't be doing this to me
> it's now affecting my relationship with her
>she knows I've lent some money to them but she doesn't know the full amount going to them
> I get £2500 on average my rent is £1500 per term and it's around £500 each term going to my parents leaving me £500 to buy food equipment and other necessities for a total of four months

Cont.
>>
>>18724740
>she thinks that it's just me being bad with money when in truth a lot of my money is going to them
> I stop her from giving me anything because it's not her job to pay for my meals
>I started to live worse than my parents, I would have a bowel of pasta and some butter two times a day because that's all I could afford
>my girlfriend starts buying me things to eat without my consent and I have to say no to her, we got in an non shouting argument
>she won out in the end because hunger always wins out and it just went back to her paying for my meals
>we're good relationship wise but there is a feeling of I owe her big time constantly
>>
I mean they raised you senpai, you're supposed to help your family out. Same time, university you are kind of on a reprieve from that, as graduating is your #1 priority. Do you first, and if you can help em out but they should understand you're a student and you studying now is an investment in the future
>>
>>18724744
Now I'm about to enter my second year of university and it started in the worse way possible.

>over the first year of University I learned my mother cheated on my father
>she gets pregnant and we're not sure if the baby is my dad's or someone else's
>a test was done and I was told that it was my father's kid, which at a very later date I found out was a lie to me and me alone in the family because they feared how I might react
>my father stayed with my mother, basically my wife's daughter situation but I knew he was staying with her not for her but for my younger siblings
>these events on top of the money has made my situation even more difficult
>over the time of her being found out and kicked out by my dad when he first found out, she got a speeding fine which was forgotten about
>it started to rack up to around £800, part of it was paid but they missed a payment for it because they simply didn't have the money
>my birthday comes along, and this is the way I find out
>I'm now expected to give them my birthday gift money or else my mother will have to appear in court and probably get her shit fucked up and go to prison for a few months
>part of me wants her to pay for what she did but at the same time I know that it'll have a massively bad effect for my siblings including my half sister who is only one and a half
>I agree resentfully and now my money which I was given as a gift from my gf for an online design course headed by one of my favourite artists is having to go to them
>I can't tell my gf and I can't do anything to save myself from this hell
>simply saying no to them will do way more harm to them and I just can't do that to my entire family
>>
File: 1390176732600.jpg (56KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
1390176732600.jpg
56KB, 512x368px
>>18724754
That's basically my situation I have yet to receive my maintenance loan till the end of this month so at the moment I'm living off the groceries I bought at the start of the month, oh and the cherry on top...

>my dad asked if he could borrow £15 quid for electric this morning

For those who can't be bothered to read this shitfest

>TL;DR My parents are borrowing massive amounts of money and it's affecting my life and my relationships with mother my partner and my family
>>
Make a budget of how much you can/are willing give them each month. Tell them exactly how much they can expect from you. If they ever ask for more, say no and never give.

Keep your financial secret from them, so they can't use it to pressure you.
>>
>>18724758

The situation sounds unsustainable. You are a student in school, after a certain point you simply will not be able to keep up with the financial burden you're facing. Frankly, it sounds like you've already passed that point, since you are now in debt. Paying off that debt should be your priority. I would suggest looking over your finances, making a plan to get yourself out of debt, and giving yourself a greater allowance to improve your quality of life. You shouldn't be living from paycheck to paycheck eating only pasta and butter. If your GF wants to help you, let her. Thank her and appreciate her. She's trying to support you. If you constantly feel like you owe, owe, owe, your relationships are naturally going to suffer. They become a burden or a kind of penance as opposed to what they should be. Your parents and siblings will still love you even if you can't afford to pay for their mistakes. You can still give them some things if you really want, but I would drastically cut it back. Presently they know they can draw money from your account and therefore feel less impetus to solve their own problems. Perhaps one day when you are debt free and have a steady income, you can give them more monetary support. But right now you are broke.
>>
>>18724736
NO problem is worth 5 or 6 chapters of exposition. Nobody else's problems are so interesting to me that I'm willing to wade through all that unnecessary detail.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.