[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfreind with Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: fuck.jpg (85KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
85KB, 720x707px
ive been with my current GF for 6 months now.
I really love her and ive had such a good time with her, travelling etc.
but she has very bad anxiety, so bad that it hinders my own plans quite alot.
for example i love going to raves on the weekends, but even though she enjoys it when shes there, she gets so anxious that most the time we dont end up going, and instead sit in her house smoking weed.
ive never been a big stoner so this to me is really boring.

i dont want to break up with her, cos i really enjoy her company, but heres my problem.

i her that i was going to start going to certain events on my own if she wasnt prepared to go to them with me. this made her really mad.

what should i do, its been 6 months and weve barley been apart, ive never been to a party without her exept like 3 times.

should i go alone anyway, or am i being unreasonable.

pls help adv
>>
Honeymoon period is over and now her quirks are getting to you.
Only you can decide if you really want to put up with this or not. But judging from what you wrote, it really sounds like you aren't compatible. You want to go out, she doesn't. You get bored when she keeps you in, she gets mad when you go out. Can a relationship like this really work in the long run when you both want vastly different things? Do you have the patience to work it out? Is she worth it to you?
>>
No you're being perfectly reasonable. It is unreasonable for her to expect you to shut down your social life to accommodate her completely. Actually, it's a bit of a red flag.

You've both got to compromise. You skip some raves sometimes to be with her because you know she doesn't like them, and she either sucks it up and goes or she learns to deal with you going to them alone sometimes and just trusting you.

But honestly if you really like her, I'd say you should push her to seek help for her condition because it's very treatable. Counseling, psychiatric help, and various medications can all help her. There are even anti anxiety medicines which are not addictive and do not get you high.
>>
>>18724498
i do sometimes feel like this, but its not all bad, our relationship works in loads of ways, id say this is the only annoying thing im realising now. maybe that list will grow idk. this is my fiest serious relationship im 18.

>>18724504
i guess ill talk to her about this, thanks for the advice
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.