[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Hunt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1504935295127.png (256KB, 285x366px) Image search: [Google]
1504935295127.png
256KB, 285x366px
Recently left a job because I was overworked and underpaid. The whole situation was just unfair, like working for my boss who is less qualified in comparison, while having over $50K salary more than me. I asked for a raise, nothing. I asked for increased hours or overtime, nothing. They promoted me within six months, so I knew they really saw potential in me. I have a degree, going back to school for a diploma, I brought the department into pretty good direction in terms of the budget, project plan (literally planned each day for the next year and followed it quite well). I was really organized and planned. My supervisors were impressed, but still I was stuck at $36K salary with little benefits. I was basically doing all the planning, grunt work, project deliverables - the whole fucking project - while my supervisors just took credit. I quit, didn't even give two weeks notice. I've had multiple job offers a couple hours away. Thing is, I don't have any money and I'm around $5K in immediate debt and $10K in student loans.

I don't know what my next step is and I've been unemployed for over a month because I can't afford to move. My hometown has no office jobs, it's all minimum wage, labor or trades. What do /adv/?
>>
>>18724078
Did none of the offers you got offer relocation?
>>
>>18724183
None so far. I've asked a few to be certain. How would I go about negotiating that anyway? I haven't had to negotiate relocation packages or compensation in an interview or e-mail correspondence yet.
>>
>>18724192
Usually if you're looking at a big company it'll say on the application page.
What kind of work do you do? As in what major did you do in college?
>>
>>18724078
> didn't give 2 weeks' notice
Jesus Christ, how can anyone be so get-your-balls-stuck-in-a-drawer stupid? No wonder they never gave you a raise. It sounds like the fact that they paid your brain damaged ass at all was an act of charity.

Sounds like you have to beg for your job back. If you have a gf, convince her to suck your boss' cock until he shoots his manly baby chowder all over her pearly whites. If you don't, well, there are some things you are just going to have to do yourself.

Prostrate yourself before your betters, boy. You'll have a better chance of survival.
>>
>>18724194
Oh I see. Most were middle sized companies, >11-50 employees. I'm in communications/public relations. I majored in political science, but I'm getting that diploma in public relations this year.

I'll take a look at larger companies.

>>18724199
I'm not going back. If I've already had job offers from other companies then I'm competitive in the job market. If anything they could beg to have me back, they haven't even found a replacement yet, but that still doesn't solve the salary issue.
>>
>>18724078
>because I can't afford to move
A car and a sleeping bag, that's all you need.
>>
>>18724205
OP. You should never ever leave a job without 2 weeks notice or more. It's just very very unprofessional.
>>
>Apply to job
>In under ten minutes get an automated rejection letter

Fuck this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.