[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ending a 7 year relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Long time reader, first time poster. So, it finally happend, /adv/: love is over. It's been a fucking rollercoaster ride for almost 7 years (I have no regrets, but I've had some really shitty times with her). She's the love of my life and we both now feel like it's time to end it. We've always had fights, like most couples, but over the past years it's been getting worse and worse. There's been no cheating or physical abuse but it seems like everything sparks a day-long fight that even our closest friends notice. I have no idea if we really are past the point of no return, but I have no idea wether or not our relationship is fixable or if it is even worth trying to fix it. I'm aware that I'm not perfect, but she's made several mistakes over the years and I'm really done with being so stressed out with her shit and/or feeling like shit just because she thinks I did something wrong (like having some "me time", which seems like a terrible offense to her); long story short: it's been clear to me that I value her more than she values me. What should I do and how should I do it? Both our families are very close and most of our friends are mutual. We also study on the same master's so it's going to a huge shit sandwhich after we break up for the remaning of the program. We've also been living together for about 4 years now, so we have shared good and bad times, but we'd also have to split a lot of shit, including our dog and cats. Help me, senpai. I don't want to make a hasty decision.
>>
I ended an 8 year relationship about 18 months ago. It was a very good decision. Constant stress and conflict are not healthy. For me, we had 8 years of shitty minor and major baggage and no one could really move past it. It was a huge shit sandwich when we ended it. Break ups are huge shit sandwiches.

Months after, I regained a friendship with my ex and we still usually talk once every few days.

Meanwhile, I got back out there dating and it has briought me a lot of happiness and a good outlook for the future. Life is long don't restrain yourself until it's all good.
>>
If the relationship brings you more unhappiness than it does happiness, it's time to end things. I ended a 5 year relationship last year, and I'm better for it now. It hurt a lot at first, but I'm happier now than I was with him and I know I made the right decision.
>>
Well, fuck.
>>18723662
Thanks for the advice. I don't want to sound like a weeping piece of shit, but I'm pretty certain I won't find anyone like her anytime soon and that makes me even more scared of losing her.
>>18723662
>Life is long don't restrain yourself until it's all good.
My brother said something like that a few years ago before she moved in with me. It still echoes in my head to this day. As cliché as this might sound, I don't think I'll ever love someone again. I also don't believe in "taking breaks", which just seems like an excuse to fuck other people.
>>18723681
That's the thing, I doubt anyone else can make me happy.
>>
I've been also thinking of staying friends and roomates for at least a year until we can get our shit together and part ways. I don't know how this would work, but I'm pretty sure she would agree to it, at least at first.
>>
>>18723688

I completely and totally understand where your emotions are coming from. I've felt them too. But those doubts are just nonsense self doubts. It might not happen in a week, a month, a year even but you will meet other people you can truly appreciate.

My fiancé is nothing like my ex of 8 years. In that way, it is true that you may not be able to find someone like her or exactly like her but look at yourself right now, maybe "her" isn't what you need. I feel that way about my ex and my current relationship.

I met someone who shares almost nothing in common with my ex, but shares plenty with me and I am much happier than I was the years I was trying to make it work.

She's just not the only girl in the world. Be. Happy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.