[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend and I have been together for four months. Today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: wijwoea.png (289KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
wijwoea.png
289KB, 640x352px
My boyfriend and I have been together for four months. Today he asked me if in a couple of months I'd like to move in with him.

When is the right time to move in together? I googled it and a lot of people say you need to be together for a couple of years and have a future planned out; I literally never discussed a future with him because I'm terrified of being rejected or ridiculed for dreaming about stuff like marriage and such.

I'd also like to point out we're in our mid 20's and I live with my family and he has like 4 room-mates in his house, which makes it impossible for us to have privacy.
>>
it depends
>>
>>18722755
I'd say you should be together at least a year before you move in together. Right now, you're probably still in the honeymoon stage, so it's difficult to know whether this is really what your relationship would be like.

>I live with my family and he has like 4 room-mates in his house, which makes it impossible for us to have privacy.
Sounds like he just wants you around so you can bone whenever he wants to.
>>
I don't believe in cohabitation. It works in marriage because you're both committed to putting up with each other's shit for life, but in a dating relationship especially so soon? You're basically going to wrap your lives up together which is a real test as you don't even know you're compatible in the long term at this juncture. Also seeing someone every day takes all of the excitement about of getting together when you're dating. Marriages where the couple lived together prior to marriage statistically fail at higher rates.
>>
>>18722755
6 months to a year is an okay time to move into together for a lease. try to get a short lease even if it costs more. Secondly the more people around in that relationship the worse it is. Try to get in a situation and find a place that you can both afford for just the 2 of oyu. Dont get a hoiuse or anything like that. Just rent a place.
>>18722792
>>
>>18722755
See>>18722792

If you've already given up your virginity, though, it really doesn't matter. You're statistically screwed anyway.
>>18722805
>pay unnecessary rent to engage in degenerate activities
I can't even tell if this is the new normie thing and people are this far gone, or if you're just baiting.
>>
>>18722813
Not that you really know anything. I'm not sure what your stance is, so i'm just goin to hit you from all angles here.

If you mean morally or in terms of marriage. Actually moving in with someone is the best way to find out if you're going to have a successful marriage which logically, morally and even religiously speaking is the more important thing.

So either you have to prioritize do you care about women being virgins, and "wholesome" or do you care about successful marriages? If you pick the first one I disagree with you, if you pick the second one then you should see how wrong you are.
>>
>>18722827
What an ignorant post. People had successful marriages long before cohabitating with girlfriends/boyfriends was a thing. I'd love to see a shred of evidence supporting that such marriages are more successful
>>
>>18722813

Depends, renter's markets are great in some places. My city is a renter's haven; prices are great, availability isn't awful and selection is pretty solid so you're not just renting out of the ghetto. It can be smarter than buying at times, depending on your economic state.

4 roommates and a new relationship is a great way to have no relationship and five roommates. You'll also probably be kicked out or sleeping on the couch or some dumb shit.

Four months is just barely enough time for a job to decide that they'll keep you on a non-probationary basis (they do three out here). I don't know why you'd want to move in with someone after four months. Even a year is pushing it; mid 20's is better than a lot of things but four months is kind of an awkward choice. There's probably a lot of things you don't really know about him. Living with him may have you learning those things too late.

I mean, you have to ask. I think you know the answer.
>>
>>18722827
>Actually moving in with someone is the best way to find out if you're going to have a successful marriage
Except that's not the case. Moving in almost guarantees sex, and premarital sex is detrimental to marriage quality. If you want a successful marriage, you get to know somebody by dating for a couple years, so you can screen out the assholes and incompatible personalities.

Plus, if a relationship doesn't work out, a woman who kept her chastity is no worse off. A woman who fucked around is irreversibly damaged.
>>
>>18722847
>plus if a relationship doesn't work a women who kept her chastity is no worse. a women wh ofucked around is irreversibly damaged
>>18722847
>>
>>18722847
op here like thank you everyone who replied but i gotta say this guy right here is so cringy and actually made me laugh. "literally hitler" more like bald guys in his crusty broxers

anyway i know 4 months is short, but i did say in a couple of months in the future. my boyfriend is going and coming back from his native country around february-may so i was thinking more of that
>>
>>18722866
>either a dumb phoneposter or literal moron
Prove me wrong, faggot. One person leaves a relationship as she came into it, the other has sacrificed her purity and morality on a failure, on a lie fed to her by amoral leftists and hedonists like you.
>>
>>18722876
Just posting so you know I was right when you end up a dried up single mother in 15 years.
>>
>>18722882
lmao, this guy
please don't reply to this thread, you obviously never been in a relationship with a woman before
>>
>>18722887
are you implying i'll give birth in 15 years oh boy i sure will remember that one anonymous guy on an image board
jk nobody ever remembers you as it is
>>
>>18722888
What would a relationship teach me to the contrary of what I've already stated? Sluts are to be avoided and condemned at all times, period.
Same with sexual immorality.
>>
>>18722895
Why do women always feel the need to bring up social status in every "argument" they get into?
Also, are you brain damaged?
>>
>>18722906
are you balding
>>
>>18722913
No, but I weigh about 400 pounds and have a dried cum sock in my hand right now.
Satisfied?
>>
File: 1447226879759.jpg (126KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1447226879759.jpg
126KB, 500x281px
>>18722902
While your criticism may be valid in many cases, it is important to not let statistics control your life
There are occasions where you will be enctountered with exceptions and outliers, and it isn't necessary to remove yourself from something good because the numbers don't line up the way you'd like on paper

Statisticians can also fit the numbers to the outcome they are looking for, which is why phsychological studies don't tend hold up in repeat experiments
Life works on a case by case basis
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.