[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herpes Type 1 Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So I was diagnosed with Herpes Type 1 which the doctor said is pretty much asymptomatic after the first outbreak. He also said that type 1 typically happens above the waist line, usually on the lips and such. Now I have had one "outbreak", but there werent pimples or anything. Just a slight burning on my upper lip maybe once, but that's about it.

What are my chances of transmitting hsv1 to someone else? And in what ways is it able to be transmitted? I really need your help anons, i'm scared.
>>
This is stuff you can google. Also it's HSV1, it's not the end of the world. Stop being such a drama queen, most people already have it.
>>
>>18722146
Should I ask my doctor for medicine so I minimize the chances of giving it to someone else? He said I don't need meds but I feel like I should be taking something?
>>
>>18722160
If you have money to burn and want to waste it on another appointment only to be told not to worry about it, go ahead.

Also chances are, you've had it a lot longer than you've thought you've had it.
>>
>>18722165
Well it's not a waste if it's minimizing the chances of transmitting it to someone else. But I'm not really too informed about medication out there for type 1. Is it all bullshit just to take my money?
>>
>>18722167
Do you intend to take this medication every day for the rest of your life, just to prevent someone who probably already has it from contracting it from you?
>>
>>18722171
You seem to be implying that herpes type 1 isn't that big of a deal. I guess it's not? And no, I do not want to take pills everyday.. sorry for being annoying im just kind of shocked
>>
Most people have HSV1. Whenever you see someone with a blister on their lip it's most likely HSV1. Most people get it from sharing food or drinks. You can spread it when blisters are not present, but that's rare. Just keep your lips from drying out and you should be fine.
>>
>>18722185
>it's HSV1, it's not the end of the world.
I literally told you it's not a big deal in the first post. I'm not implying it, I straight up told you.
>>
>>18722201
>>18722195
Thank you anons. So are there any over the counter lip balm or something that I should use to keep my lips from drying then?
>>
>>18722185
I put on chapstick/lip balm on my lips before I go to sleep at night. Keeps them moist. I get the good kind. I rarely get an outbreak now. When I do I start putting on the lip balm every several hours until it goes away which is usually a day or two. Most people don't even realize I have it. Also, stay hydrated.
>>
>>18722248
But I read somewhere that herpes likes moist places over dry areas or am i misinformed?

And if you have a gf or something, what do you do then? Never kiss them? :(
>>
>>18722260
But outbreaks only happen when your lips/body get damaged. Dry lips will trigger an outbreak. Fever too. Sunburn too. Get Carmex, or Burt's Bee, or Lip Medex. Most have ingredients to help protect your lips.
>>
>>18722280
What about kissing? :(
>>
>>18722260
>if you have a gf or something, what do you do then? Never kiss them?
Honestly, it's pretty likely she'll already have it. Girls love sharing food and make up. Just don't kiss her when you or her feel an outbreak coming on. Don't share food or drinks. It will be gone in a day or two.
>>
>>18722294
Ok thank you anon. I LOVE YOU
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.