[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi do u know how to quit smoking? :c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 20170914_155520.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170914_155520.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Hi do u know how to quit smoking? :c
>>
>>18721938
>18721938
Nictoine patches
>>
>>18721938
Its impossible.
>>
>>18721938
Willpower
>>
File: 1501101900420.jpg (87KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501101900420.jpg
87KB, 900x900px
Seriously, it works.
>>
>>18722117
I've tried vapes before I just quit normally, they make you stop smoking cigs but they fucked my lungs up. These things will give you asthma and then COPD/Emphysema when you're older which is just as mmuch of a killer as lung cancer in smokers.

I'm telling you this as a fact the reason is is because that smoke is much hotter than cigarette smoke and when it hits your lungs it burns the inside much worse than cigs.
>>
>>18722135
source?
>>
>>18721938
Go to a psychiatrist and ask him, they have special plans for that.
>>
>>18721938
join a group of friends that doesnt smoke

work your way down to "lighter" packs like pall mall orange or winston ones and eventually quit altogether
>>
>>18722225
There was one time people said cigs werent bad for you. I'm just telling you that I have asthma, and I can tell the difference. Ive smoked both cigarettes and vapes before. Theyre both shit. But yeah I dont live my life by science everyday I dont need years of research to help me know whats good. Have fun coughing your lungs out every night when your 50+ beta.
>>
>>18722225
if you don't think inhaling food grade products from china (or anywhere) is good then god help you

solid chance it's better than cigs tho
>>
>>18722826
I never said it was "good," inhaling anything other than oxygen isn't "good" for you, but if that guy is going to claim that vapes cause emphysema or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease he should be ready to back it up with a citation.
>>
>>18722826
>solid chance it's bette rthan cigs tho
See thats what i Thought too. Until I actually tried fave and ive heard alot of people say this same thing "it fucked my lungs up way worse."
>>
>>18723056
The air we breath isnt pure oxygen and beathing in pure oxygen is bad for you. this is what i'm talking about. You are stupid you just can't accept the truth because you're a drug addict. Vapes havent even been out long enough to give you emphysema. There's no way they could have data yet, people get empysema when theyre like 65 after 30-40 years of smoking. No one has vaped for even close to that amount of time.
But i'll tell you something. There's no testing saying that vapeing is safe for you, products I eat and use on a daily basis do have resrictions and regulations in place that make sure my food doesn't give me cancer or emphysema.

Also nicotine causes cancer by itself even without anything else. So vapeing is definetly cancerous and it does give you emphysema and if you sa yother wise ure a fucking retard.
>>
>>18722110

This, the only way to quit anything is cold turkey, really. Anything else is running the risk of a dependency in its absence.
>>
>>18723082
I thought htis too, but patches are actually really good too
>>
>>18723084

I just worry about addictive personalities picking them up.

They could work (as could anything up to vaping), the problem is that the goal is to put an unhealthy habit down and it may be best to do just that and exactly that without bells and whistles.

I don't know where the technology's at now though, maybe things have improved since the 90's, which was about the last time I did my research. lulz
>>
>>18723095
I mean I feel like takeing the cigs away and getting a good dose of nicotine is the first step. because the actualy addiction is only half the habit the smoking is the other half. trying to kill to much at 1 time is tough. Not only can the smoking not enjoy their favorite past time they also are crashing hard rom nicotine.

But im not entirely sure so ill say you might be rght. i quit several times for long periods cold turkey before i used the patch
>>
I need to stop too but it's not even the nicotine that I need, it's the actual process of smoking and breathing it in and seeing it come out again. fuccking hate it man
>>
this sounds lame but my brother, mom, and aunt all were heavy smokers, they quit when they started to vape instead.
>>
>>18723282
Yeah but the didnt actually switch to something healthier. it's the same
>>
>>18723282
But then you have to quit vaping... The jury is still out on vaping. Sure there are less carcinogens but they haven't been around long enough yet to really tell what they're doing. I'm more inclined to believe it's relatively healthy for you.

I was a pack a day smoker for about 14 years. I vaped for about year, and didn't have any cigarettes during that time, an I quit vaping about a year ago. I'd be lying if I told you I haven't smoked a single cigarette in two years. Truth is I've smoked a handful in that time, and I'm okay with that. A couple cigarettes in a two year span isn't going to kill me... unless all that previous smoking already did.

I've accepted I'll never "quit" smoking for the rest of my life, but at the rate I'm going with I can live with that. I think accepting that makes quitting a lot easier since it alleviates some of the pressure from thinking I've failed if I ever have a smoke.
>>
File: 1503577302701.jpg (436KB, 2048x1345px) Image search: [Google]
1503577302701.jpg
436KB, 2048x1345px
>>18721938
Just go for it cold turkey OP, I went from 30/40 a day to 0. Its hard as fuck but everyday without a smoke is victory and progress. Get away from the places that make you want to smoke I.e have a routine change.

If you don't want to do cold turkey then cut down everyday until it's at 0 a day.

Don't do vaping/patches/ gum because they're just something else to get addicted to, rather than actually beating the habit.

Another good way to stop is to put all the money you've saved from it aside, then you can see actual benefits of quitting, besides not smelling like shit. Your friends and family and shit will be proud of you for it because alot of people try and fail.

Good luck
>>
>>18721938
Cold turkey or youll never quit smoking. Thats how i did it at least
>>
>>18721938
>>18723282
This. My whole family were smokers. My dad, mom, stepdad, both sisters. All quit and vape now. As a nonsmoker I appreciate the fuck out of vapes now.
>>
>>18723372
This as well.
Go cold turkey.
The point is not to "quit smoking", but "not to smoke one cig at a time".

Several points there :
- No-one has ever died of stopping smoking ; even when you feel terrible, this IS NOT unhealthy or dangerous for you
- Withdrawals symptoms are temporary (and cravings come and go in waves). So the hard physiological time only lasts for 2 or 3 minutes, but may be repeated for 10 or 20 times a day.
- Withdrawals symptoms will fade back in time. After 3 weeks the physical symptoms will most have waned.
>>
>>18723596
This! Every other method is bullshit.
>>
u cant :). i mean u could but every once in a while(stress, tragic event) youi will get extreme cravings. so u can quit but u will be needing it from time to time
>>
>>18721938

1. Quit
2. Feel great
3. Start lifting
4. ????
5. PROFIT!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.