[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eviction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1505358260652.jpg (26KB, 539x531px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505358260652.jpg
26KB, 539x531px
My apartment is refusing the rest of my rent (was short on money the beginning of the month) but I try and pay the rest today only to be told they won't accept it due to the eviction they filed. And that the only way they would accept it is with another $200.

The catch is, I have not been served with the papers or anything

What do I do? Starve for two weeks and pay these greedy jew Fucks or are the obligated to take it due to no evidence of eviction paperwork?
>>
>>18721930
You can fuck them and not pay but they'll hold your deposit and you will be evicted. look for somewhere else to live
>>
>>18721934
Won't this hurt my credit? Thus fucking my chances to find another place to live at?
>>
>>18721930

get a copy of your lease. Read it word for word like you should have when you moved in.

If its not in the contract, they can't legitimately do it. And if it is in the contract, you need to not waste any more energy and do something else.
>>
>>18721959
Trust me, been looking between the lines of this shit and it doesn't say shit. My concerns are that it doesn't have to be listed bc it is already covered by the law outside of the lease.
>>
i would have payed the extra 200 just live extremly frugly and cheap till your next salary and dont be late on your payments anymore wait till your contract has ended and find another place.

that is what i would do in your place.
>>
>>18721930
>throwing away your money to begin with by renting a apartment
>not buying a home instead that you will eventually own.

The situation speaks for itself.
>>
Are you a third-worlder by any chance? Because what the landlords are doing would be illegal in most civilized jurisdictions. It's really not that easy for landlords to evict people legally (I am a landlord and am familiar with this). Either way, check the legislation in your state/province/country.
>>
>>18721967
look up laws covering tenancy in your area bruh
>>
>>18721997
Thank god. Someones opinion that matters.
No, I live in NC.
Is there any hope for me?
>>
I'm pretty sure that it's law (at least in my state) that you have something like 5 days to pay your rent after the due date anyway. If they're extorting you within that time frame it's actually a pretty big deal and they could be sued. They could probably be sued regardless.

I'd suggest looking into it at your local court house if you have the time.
>>
>>18722003
I don't know, find the residential tenancies legislation in NC and read the sections on rent arrears and termination.
>>
>>18722005
Also they sound like a terrible landlord. Is this a large company or individual?
>>
>>18722013
Oh, the shit they get away with is unreal.
This summer alone, they have left people without AC in their attempts to "fix the concerning situation", I am almost positive they have replaced their roads without notifying the city of what they were doing, they let the grass grow to the fucking sky, etc.
>>
>>18722013
Look them up, Waterford Apartments. Their Google review is literally 1.9 stars.
>>
Ahahaha renters btfo every time. When will you idiots learn there are better ways to do it? Christ.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.