[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>finish classes for the day >go back to my apartment because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1505206726684.jpg (70KB, 699x533px) Image search: [Google]
1505206726684.jpg
70KB, 699x533px
>finish classes for the day
>go back to my apartment because I have no friends and nothing left to do on campus
How do I end this shitty cycle? How do you make friends outside of class?
>>
Things you can do after class instead of sitting in your apartment

>ride a bike or skateboard/longboard
>play sports outside, it's early fall there should be plenty of guys out playing
>go talk to randoms. early of the semester, lots of lonely approachable people around
>hang out around the library for similar reasons as the last post
>go to your student union and hang out
>go to seminars offered by your institution. you can learn important life skills and it's another place to talk to people

There are so many things to do on a college campus and early in the semester people are very approachable. It's easy to make friends. Just do anything instead of sitting at home alone.
>>
>>18721876
just do drugs.
>>
>>18721893
>>ride a bike or skateboard/longboard
Don't own one

>>play sports outside, it's early fall there should be plenty of guys out playing
All I see while walking around is a couple of friends throwing a frisbee usually. I'm not any good at most American sports to begin with.

>>go talk to randoms. early of the semester, lots of lonely approachable people around
>hang out around the library for similar reasons as the last post
How so? I'd feel stupid or awkward just walking up to random people sitting by themselves and trying to spark conversation. Do people really do this?
I'm not very socially adept, so this kind of thing seems odd.

>>go to your student union and hang out
See above

>>go to seminars offered by your institution. you can learn important life skills and it's another place to talk to people
I intend to do so, though none have really happened yet.
>>
You're in luck. Oktoberfests are right around the corner. Good excuse to get shit-faced with strangers and have a good time.
>>
File: 1496510318526.png (433KB, 1003x982px) Image search: [Google]
1496510318526.png
433KB, 1003x982px
>>18721948
But I don't drink
>>
Campus clubs, meetup.com, work, volunteer work
>>
>>18721932
>How so? I'd feel stupid or awkward just walking up to random people sitting by themselves and trying to spark conversation. Do people really do this?
>I'm not very socially adept, so this kind of thing seems odd.
Just walk up and talk about things in your environment or introduce yourself and ask the standard questions

>what's your major
>how long you got
>etc..

You gotta think a lot of people are away from home, they're homesick or just open to meeting friends so as long as you seem clean and have a good vibe they'll give you the time of the day. After a while you'll be able to tell the people you click with and the ones who won't really amount to anything. You don't have to be some social god to make connections in college. IT's why it's one of the best places to meet people. Also stop making excuses.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.