[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I stop wasting time on the internet at university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

I haven't made any proper friends yet and even though I use the internet to keep me happy when im lonely im pretty sure its going to waste my university experience.
>>
File: 1453141495468.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1453141495468.png
202KB, 365x363px
1) Get off the fucking 4chans.
This is vital. You need to do this or you will fail. The following is what I call the skinwalker approach. I used it at two high schools, junior college, and university proper to great effect.
2) Go talk to that guy who sits next to you or girl with the big titties.
3) Insert yourself into their social group and act as though you belong there.
4) Mimic the group, adopt the group's protocols.
5) Assert yourself as a member of the group by engaging in group activities.
6) [Optional] Alienate one of the original members of the group if necessary to avoid third nipple, fifth wheel, tenth semi permeable mucous membrane, etc. phenomenon.
>>
>>18721949
how does I alienate someone if i'm always the one being alienated? whats the social mindset of this? I'm generally just friendly to everyone but i've noticed "normal" people always do this

its weird to live in a world world where being chill and nonjudgmental is not ok. but i'm prepared to change if its necessary.

how do I do it in the most safe normal way possible? I have both aspergers and adhd so I make a easy target and often run the chance of being an weird asshole without trying to be one.

this thread could save my life lol
>>
>>18721978
You need to let them single themselves out. The easiest way to do this is to intiate a group manipulating strategy while your target is not present. Planning an activity or discussing and reaching a consensus on polarizing value claims is a great way to make them the odd one out. "Wait what are we doing?" "What do you guys mean Nazis are great?" (intentionally hyperbolic example) Those statements turn the whole group against them psychologically. To safegaurd yourself from this, make a personal connection with one of the group members - and conversely avoid trying to single out someone with their own strong connection, especially romantic ones.
For just generally talking to people I urge you to read How to Win Friends and Influence People. A world renowned text for a reason, it WILL help you.
>>
>>18722001
wow people are terrible. I've literally never thought about this yet it happens to me and around me all the time.

god this world is so fucked why dont I notice these things
ill definitely read that book.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.