[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How hard is it to just drop everything, move to a new country,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

How hard is it to just drop everything, move to a new country, and begin a new life? I've got nothing left for me here and just want to start over.
>>
A lot harder than you think.

First, you'll need a source of income. If you aren't migrant grunt labor, usually the way to do this is by becoming qualified to teach your native language overseas. This can take any range of time between a six month training course and a two-year degree, both of which cost a ton of money. You could also study in another country but you'd have to have the grades, recommendations, and writing samples to be admitted first. If you're American, French, Canadian or British, there are very few universities that are considered internationally credible outside of those countries. It will also take you at least three years to complete a degree depending on your course of study.

If you're only qualified to do grunt labor and you want to do that overseas, prepare for harsh working conditions that will not be in your favor.

Regardless of what work you do, you're going to need a passport to cross borders and a visa to work or study in most countries. If you don't have either, both are a bureaucratic hurdle.

itt tl;dr there's a lot you'll have to do and it will take a while.
>>
>>18721651
>move to a new country, and begin a new life?
>I've got nothing left for me here and just want to start over.

That's virtually impossible (definitely impossible if you are looking at the First world).

You will need to secure a work visa of some sorts - which you won't get if you don't hold a degree in an in demand field OR plenty of work experience (also in a field that is sought after).
>>
>>18721651
>not being happy whereever u are
>thinkin moving will suddenly change youre life around

Think again bud. Happiness can be found in ones own town.
>>
>>18721651
What do you mean by "new life"?

Depending on your taste like anon said here: >>18721721
or
>buy a plane ticket
>burn your passport once your in country

You won't have a house or money or nothing but it's still a life.
>>
>>18721748

Just to water that down a little, OP has a few choices.

First, you don't mind accepting funding/sponsorship from "The Man":

>Apply for an overseas program sponsored by the home country's government, this includes a few different things in the U.S. (Fulbright programs etc.) but I'm not sure what other countries have that compares
>Join the military and keep your fingers crossed for an overseas assignment - but just remember it could be in a war zone because that would be your damn job
>Work for your home country's government overseas. These jobs are hard to come by unless you've done one of the first two options.

Otherwise:

>Become credentialed to teach your foreign language overseas. You've got a head start if your native language is English because TEFL/ESL teachers are always in demand nearly everywhere.
>Have a relative who lives in a foreign country? See if you can get a work visa.
>You have the option of earning a degree in a foreign country. If it's a foreign country that has underfunded, little known, or low quality universities you might want to back it up with a graduate degree from a UK or US school if you ever change your mind and want to go home again

Think about it. You're playing a long game. Usually having minor qualms about your home country's culture or politics is not a good reason to leave (unless you or a group you belong to is at actual risk of being persecuted), and it's also going to take you a long time to get anywhere else as anything other than a tourist.
>>
>>18721651
I havent been to a new country but new locale entirely thousands of kms away? Totally. Multiple times.

>how easy is it

Apply to whatever job, visa, or program or make the call you need to to get the ball rolling.

Thats the key. Get the ball rolling.

Then move through the process.

Reply to the call back. Send what they ask for. Comply. One baby step at a time. And youre gone.

The only thing stopping you is a phone call or email you can send right fucking now. It will take less than 5 minutes. The rest is literally autopilot.
>>
>>18721781

The inquiries are just the first step. Then it's time to gather a resume, cover letter, letters of reference, proof of degree and credentials, etc.
>>
>>18721792
Yes. But its autopilot. Thats what i mean.

You just send the inquiry and then just keep replying to whatever is asked. One thing at a time. Auto.. Pilot..
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.