[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't tell if friend is actually friend or is just tolerating me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

She never texts me unless I text her despite telling me to keep in touch. She never asks to hang out despite telling me she wants to hang out sometime. She won't accept my Snap and Instagram requests when she knows it's me and not a fake user (she let me follow her before and followed me back on both apps but I lost those accounts and made new ones). She's even left me on Read a few times before we could even start a conversation.
When we do text we talk for a good thirty minutes to an hour and she seems invested and laughs at my jokes but I can't tell if it's genuine or if she's just humoring me because we're texting, not talking face-to-face.
Is she just fucking with me? I don't want to waste time on people who play pretend.
>>
When you can't tell, it is most likely she is just putting up with you so she does not feel the as the bad one.
If she does never initiate anything, you should stop trying.
>>
>>18721662
It's weird because she's invited me out twice before (one to dance the other to just hang out but I couldn't make the latter). She use to compliment the way I looked and called me by a nickname she came up with and followed me on every social media platform.
Now it's almost like she's ghosting me. She's never texted first but we do have conversations anytime I initiate (not one word replies).
>>
>>
>>18721642
People throw around the word friend to easily.

I have two good friends. Everyone else are just acquaintances.

If you don't think she would pick up the phone to help you with a flat tire, then she isnt your friend.
>>
>>18721733
I feel the same way. I don't like calling everyone my friend anymore if we're just on good terms like I did in High School.

But, honestly, she felt like my friend. Maybe it was just rose-tinted glasses. I always found her beautiful and we had a good amount of things in common.

I will say I had a massive crush on her before and even after she had a boyfriend, but I never let her know and I never tried to get in between them. Perhaps she found out somehow and now she's keeping her distance unless she has to talk with me?
>>
File: IMG_6749.png (129KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6749.png
129KB, 2000x2000px
>>18721726
I may just follow this advice to be honest. I'm really starting to believe she just tolerates me when I text her and that all of those things she said and did was to just be nice to some kid that had a crush on her.
>>
>>18721784
>>18721759
It's not that she tolerates you. It's that she wants you to become a beta orbiter
>>
>>18721759
> I always found her beautiful
> I had a massive crush on her
You are her orbiter, and she keeps you around because she like feeling validated and wanted, but isn't into you. You should probably distance yourself and try to get a gf.
>>
>>18721859
>>18721875
Fug. You anons are probably right. Our "friendship" began when I complimented her looks once. In fact, I use to compliment her a lot. I need to learn how to find real friends and read people better. I also need a girlfriend.
>>
>>18721900
yeah, I've been there and done that. My feelings cost me a years-long close friendship. You know you can't really date her but deep down your affection will seep into how you interact with her, like it or not.

Good luck lad.
>>
File: IMG_6166.jpg (140KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6166.jpg
140KB, 434x434px
>>18721915
I feel you. Thank you guys for telling me straight up and not ridiculing me for it.

I need to make some major life changes and the people I associate with is definitely one of them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.