[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What respectable job can a 25 year old with no degree get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1498998936636.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1498998936636.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
What respectable job can a 25 year old with no degree get?

Im sick of working all these McJobs, i just want a job that i can proudly tell people about. Every ICT related job which i could easily do requires a degree in some field and i never went to University.
>>
...ahahaha
You are mighty confused there man.
Theres more to life than jobs and youre halfway through the best 10 years of your life.
Think about that next time you fill out an app.
>>
>>18721251
Thats all well and good Mr.Moneybags but im poor and need to work.
>>
>>18721260
Keep telling yourself that. Wage slave away anon. You'll thank yourself in another 5 years.
Right?
>>
>>18721268
>>>/r9k/
>>
You might be able to get into a skilled trade. One of my friends is working as an apprentice to a carpenter and he's been out of high school less than a year. Beyond that maybe consider being a plumber or join the military.
>>
>>18721272
Hah. Wake up buddy I only want whats best for you, no reason to get upset.
You stay on this track you're going to have all the upset you ever wanted.
>>
>>18721275
All apprenticeships want people under like 21 or around there because they can pay a basic wage.

Ive tried getting into electricians apprenticeships.
>>
File: bentley.jpg (234KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
bentley.jpg
234KB, 1024x680px
I new a guy in London who had no higher education beyond high school and he became a trader back in 2001-2ish. Trading stocks and commodities and such. I don't know if you can find pride in it, but he was making middle £7-figuers by the time the financial crises happened.
>>
>>18721242
Why not get a technical degree in something? Like go do two years of medical technologist training while working your McJob that way you can at least get a 30k starting salary.

Unless you don't live in the US. If outside US, I can't really advise you.
>>
>>18721283
I live in the uk and i dont know of any part time school things and honestly i don't think i'd want to do whatever they have on offer.

Like i said i tried to get into trade apprenticeships but my age blocked me out.
>>
>>18721279
What would age have to do with rate of pay? Guys in their 30's and 40's start apprenticeships (although 40's is probably pushing it), they just have to be willing and able to live off shit pay for a few years.
>>
>>18721291
>i live in the uk
Oh no wonder youre such a cuck. May as well kys.
>>
>>18721283
>Like go do two years of medical technologist training

I'm not OP but in a similar situation (30, unskilled labour, never progressed past that because reasons, trying to get my life sorted out with an actual career). When I look at these vocational programs I get paranoid about the threat of automation. Medical technologist seems like a job that could be mostly automated within my working years.

Honestly I would be happy being a trucker, but there's no way that those jobs will be around for the 30+ years that I will need to work, and I don't want to have to re-train for a new career in my 50's.
>>
>>18721669
Im saying they tend to only take on younger people who they can legally pay a lower wages. They can legally pay an apprentice £3.50 an hour if they are under 21, so all apprenticeships go to people under 21
>>
>>18721242

well, you might have to put up with Mcjob just to save money toward investing in yourself in some kind of education, so if you think you're too good for that, you're already fucked.

But if you just mean socially respectable, skilled labor can produce more than comfortable living. Military enlistment is an option. You could try to find an entry position in a clinic office, like a chiropractor or physical therapy.
>>
>>18721818
I guess that's a Bong thing. All first-year apprentice electricians make $18 (CAD) in my province, whether they are 19 or 30 or whatever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.