[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fired from new job after only five days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

After many years of interviewing and applying, I finally got myself an IT help desk job.

Unfortunately I fucked that up and was just fired yesterday after only five days.
I feel terrible. I feel lost. I have no idea what I can do other then going back to same routine of applying to as many IT jobs as possible and hoping one of them will end up taking me but I fear that I will once again be unable to land any kind of job and maybe never get hired again. The alternative would be to find something non-IT related but I have zero clue what I would be qualified to do other then retail as that is the only other experience I have (even though I am no good at that either).

What can I do?
>>
What did you do?
>>
>>18721223
Why were you fired? Whatever you did wrong must be addressed if you want to move forward productively from this anon.
>>
>>18721292
>>18721255
from what I remember (I was really distraught so I didn't hear everything) was that I appear to be "asleep with my eyes open" while at my desk and that I was caught on my phone too often. Other stuff I can only assume, such as having trouble dealing with basic it problems some of the users where having (I could of solved them but I was super nervous at the time so I came off as not knowing anything) and possibly not showing enough initiative to do more work (the entire time the only thing they had me do was set up a bunch of PC's and laptops with software and I was pretty bored an annoyed that I wasn't being given more work in between).
>>
>>18721605
Sounds like you need to check yourself. Employers want someone dedicated to them. You shouldn't even have your phone out the first week. You should be constantly asking for things to do and learning what your coworkers are doing.

I would have fired you too
>>
>>18721605
Rule number one. Don't take your phone out at all, unless on break. I don't know if you're one of those people who nervously takes their phone out all the time. If so, you need to learn to control it. They don't want to see you on the phone at all.

Rule two. Work on your confidence. I'm assuming you're qualified to work in the IT center since these are the jobs you're going for? Which means you know all this stuff and you're more than capable of doing it. Being a little anxious is normal but don't let it over power you.

Rule two. Don't sit there doing nothing, find something to do. I know it's up to the employer to give you a task, but at the same time they want to see initiative and interest. Like the other anon said, learn from your Co workers. See what they're doing.

Lastly, it isn't the end of the world anon, people get fired all the time. It's just a part of life. I know it's a fucking shit feeling, I've been there too. We all have. But you'll bounce back and get something else. Just keep trying and learn from your mistakes. Best of luck and keep the chin up
>>
>>18721927
>Lastly, it isn't the end of the world anon, people get fired all the time. It's just a part of life. I know it's a fucking shit feeling, I've been there too. We all have. But you'll bounce back and get something else. Just keep trying and learn from your mistakes. Best of luck and keep the chin up

I've been applying to and interviewing for IT jobs like this for at least four years. I felt like this was the last chance for me and I ended up fucking it up. Half of me wants to just quit and go wash dishes for a living because that would be the only job I'd be able to do without fucking up
>>
>>18721953
Don't give up. Keep trying. It's tough out there. I don't know what country you're from, but I guess it's more or less the same all over. Jobs just aren't as plentiful as they used to be, but you have to keep trying.

Have you spruced your cv up recently? Look up the newest ways of presenting them online. They change that shit every few years(annoyingly) and you want to make sure yours looks the part and is eye catching.

Take another job if you have too dude, but never give up looking for the one you want.

>>18721953
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.