[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1473088976748.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473088976748.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
Should I worry about getting into a good college or should I just focus on getting an education?
>>
what do you want to do? what might you want to make a career out of?
>>
All college that aren'tt ivy league or world renowned provide about the same level of education

It's really your professors that matter
>>
>>18721161
Wow I fucked that first sentence up
>>
>>18721158
Computer science for programming.
>>
>>18721154
You want to get into a college with a good program so that you learn more.
Name doesnt mean shit unless its tippy top.
You dont want teachers who mumble or are extremely bad english speakers.
Always sit in on a class at a perspective college to make sure their teachers are up to snuff if you have the opportunity.
>>
>>18721176
All computer science programs are the same throughout the country. Math and programming are universal languages. Sure, some schools will have more funding to do cool research experiments. And said schools will have more skilled professors and students. But if you're just looking to move to Silicon Valley one day, then it really doesn't matter if you got your degree from State U or an Ivy. The fortune 500 companies hire you on your ability, at least so far as programming is concerned. Literally part of your hiring process will be able to code something, sometimes in front of the employer.

The top schools exist mostly for the upper class to have a meeting ground. I guess, if you want to be the next Zuckerberg, then you do want to end up at a top school, so you can meet some rich/smart kids interested in doing a start-up. That's the thing that separates average schools and the top ones: the elite schools naturally attract the people who entrepreneur ambition.
>>
>>18721187

LOL

math and programming in an non,engineering disciplin is cheap as fuck

you just need some linux and 500+ mhz cpu (1 and upwards) and 128 mb ram 2 gb storage for computer- science.
for math you need some paper and a pen

>muh expensive research

fucking kys you don't know what the fuck you are talking about, probably some random asshole echoing what he have heard others say and generlise it so he applies it to every scenario.

fucking cuck bastard
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.