[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw nepotism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 0

Ok so in the beginning of this summer I took the entrance exam for the university that I wanted to go to, and I got in. However, the quota for the major that I wanted was filled (it was like thirty people or some shit), so I choose another one.

I knew that my parents were able to basically nepotism this problem away, however I thought that I had moral integrity or some shit so I decided to become content with this less useful major that I was now about to study.

Fast forward two months before university is about to start, and my parents start suggesting that they use their connections to just move me to the course that I wanted, which would be more useful to me in life. After they pestered me with it for a bit, all the while making it clear to me that I didn't have to do this, I accepted anyway.

Although I'm pretty sure now that my mother got the process in motion before she asked me so maybe I could have refused it and still got it in the end while keeping my moral integrity. rip

So now I'm a bit ashamed, and afraid that someone will notice that theres one extra person that wasn't in the quota. They could figure out that it's me by looking at the test scores and concluding that I couldn't have enrolled, but that requires digging up pdfs on the shitty university site, or maybe just finding it on their pc if they have it handy. I know that a friend of mine at another university looked up some of the people on the ranking on fb, so maybe someone will do the same for me, and I'm worried.

Whats the chance that someone finds out, 4chan?
>>
>>18720418
Just make up for it by helping one random person get a leg up someday.
>>
>>18720427
That's a way to make up for it, but how do I find out if someone is likely to figure it out?
>>
>>18720418
Why are you worried about people finding out? Own it. Just don't fuck around once you get in. If you're there, do what it takes to belong there.
>>
>>18720444
>Why are you worried about people finding out?
Because I think that it's shameful and shouldn't be done?
>>
>>18720418
I understand the concern concerning the moral integrity of nepotism.

That being said the world still runs on nepotism and connection. If you have the chance, take it. Just make sure to help people when you're up there.

Also nepotism implies power. There is no need to hide that.
>>
>>18720453
OP I am torn here, because I am a capitalist myself and I'm not sure if it would help you. But from a moral aspect u shuldn't even fucking care. Im just saying idk if the help is going to make you smarter or more succesfull there must be a reason you didn't get in. Maybe the invisible hand did things right here? But at the same time a black kid probably the spot and a free ride, so you should probably take it. Cause I know for a fact your college isn't capitalist, theyre commie motherfuckers and commie POS love nepotism so give it to em.
>>
>>18720454
The power thing isn't really obvious.
>>
>>18720453
Are you offended that your parents used their wealth to feed and clothe you as a child? Are you going to turn down your inheritance because you didn't earn it? This is no different. As long as you keep up with your colleagues in that program, no one can say you didn't deserve to be there.
>>
>>18720465
The inheritance thing might actually be better to turn that down because money like tha is actually a curse.
>>
>>18720471
Is it though?
What if you're not retarded?
>>
>>18720475
If you weren't retarded you'd already have as much money as your inheritance and wouldn't need it anway.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.