[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Interview Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1477279949810.jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477279949810.jpg
30KB, 600x450px
Hey guys,

I have a phone interview tomorrow morning, it's a great opportunity and I have most everything in order and ready to go. Such as a copy of my resume, cover letter, and the job posting I applied for.

I've done research on tough interview questions and how to structure responses, but there's one that I can't seem to find a good answer for... Could I please get some insight on how to answer if the question comes up?

The question I'm worried about is asking why I haven't pursued any higher education or certifications. I have a HS diploma and work in an IT environment, but did not need any certs or degrees to get the job. The position I'm applying for is also an IT position, but is much higher profile than what I currently do. They are already aware that I only have a HS diploma as listed on my resume, and judging from the small amount of conversation I've had with them, they seem very interested in talking to me despite my lack of certs. This is of course purely in comparison to past potential employers I've spoken to.

I have multiple reasons for not having pursued higher education, if it helps I feel they are the following (in no particular order)
-Procrastination
-Courses of interest at local community colleges not available when I am due to current work hours
(I haven't considered online courses as I have read that they are often frowned upon in comparison, though this appears to have been changing recently)
-Fear of extreme debt from loans
>>
>>18720341
Just smile when talking, it makes you sound more appealing.
>>
I'm not sure how to explain your lack of formal certifications, but if they ask, make sure to say something about how you feel like your experience is just as valuable and you are confident that you could do the job as someone who did have some formal education.

Depending on your age and from what you've said though, it doesn't seem like they'd ask you that.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.