[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys, I'm at a complete loss for what to do. My Australian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1569.jpg (261KB, 1126x1309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1569.jpg
261KB, 1126x1309px
You guys, I'm at a complete loss for what to do. My Australian shepherd, who my family has owned for 6 years, snapped on a family friend today while he was being pet gently and bit him in many places on his hands. My friend is upset, understandably, as are we. I know my dog had anxiety, but we normally don't let him interact with other dogs or stay with strangers because we don't want him to freak out. He has attempted to bite a groomer before. We do not do anything to encourage his behavior and even went to have him professionally trained, (where he bit the trainer.) He's never done something like this before to a person in the home and I am so heartbroken, but feel as though I have no choice but to put him down. My mother and brother are so upset. My mom can't stop lying on the ground next to her dog silently crying in her room. I feel like I've failed my dog and that he won't know what's happening or why he's been chosen to be put down. This is the hardest decision I've ever made in my life. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pic related, it's my dog hours before the attack, lying with me.
>>
>>18719763
>literally white people problems
>>
Shit man, I got feels just reading this, whoever you are, wherever you are, I am extremely sorry man. I don't have any advice at all, but I just want to say my condolences and love are with you. Go give that pupper one last good meal and time dude, I hope someone else comes with advice, but my heart goes out to you op.
>>
>>18719763
You dont have to get him put down, but just know that you will be held liable when people sue you because you know that your dog is aggresive.

So either you
1. Make sure he has no chance of biting people
or
2. Put him down.
or
3. Pay the money everytime someone gets bit, Which assumably medical bills aren't cheap.
>>
>>18719778
>>18719763
Im not sure if this works though but if you tell people to just stay away from your dog.

Like if you invite someone into your house and say,

"dont go near my dog, just stay away form him and leave him be he will bite you." and then thy pet ur dog and get bit u should be okay btw. As long sa the dog doesnt literally just attack them out of nowhere.
>>
Unless your friend is a fucking cunt and wants to report this stuff and therefore be forced to put your dog down, dont put them down man.

Get a nuzzle or something to stop it from biting if it gets anxious around others, i fucking hate hearing dogs getting put down for following their instincts.
>>
>>18719785
There's not alaw that just says, "if your dog bites someone it has to get put down." Thats actually not how it works.

People get there dog put down when it bites someone cause they dont want to have to pay money to people becaues there dog bits them.

Imagine if next time instead of osmeones hand he mauls a toddlers face off. OP would have to pay fo rthat and that could be literally MILLIONS of dollars.

This is why people get there dog put down when they bite someone. Why dont u try learning something instead of spouting shit u heard in 7th grade.
>>
>>18719785
When his friend goes to the hospital and they say "what happened to your hand?" When he says dog bite his insurance is going to tell him were not paying for this, tell us who's dog it was. Then the insurance is going to sue OP for the damages.
>>
>>18719793
>Then the insurance is going to sue OP for the damages.
Only if OP does not want to pay for the hospital bills on his own free will.

Law suits only happen if two people disagree
>>
thanks for the advice guys.
i'm trying to do what i can for my friend in terms of offering to pay medical bills (my mom is a nurse practitioner and bandaged him up at the house so he didn't end up going, but if he needs to go i let him know i'd take care of it.)

he's frustrated because he can't play a game that we normally play together because his hand hurts, and he's worried he won't be able to do his job super well (we work at the same place) tomorrow. what else can i offer to help rectify the situation?
>>
Go to /an/ they'll give you better answers
>>
Dogs get one chance. A second biting incident and it's lights out.
>>
>>18719763
Ask your vet to give the dog a scrip for Paxil.
>>
>>18719857
Pay for everything he wants with regards to your fuck up.
Make your dog wear a muzzle whenever it meets other people.
>>
>>18719784
> "dont go near my dog, just stay away form him and leave him be he will bite you." and then thy pet ur dog and get bit u should be okay btw.

Here's some pro-bono legal advice. I don't know what state you live in, but I can guarantee that this guy is a literal retard that is talking out his ass.
>it's okay to put up spike traps in your house if you put up a sign
>its okay to reupload videos if you put "no copyright infringement intended"
>it's okay to have sex with a child if you get them to promise they're 18
>it's okay to have your dog bite people if you tell them you are AWARE that your dog is prone to biting people
>>
Get a nervous vest. Pic related
>>
>>18719763
I think you should make the best of it by slashing his fucking eyeballs and then buggering him, you sloppy faggot.
>>
Don't put him down. Just keep him on a leash or in another room when you have company, and put a muzzle on him when you take him out. Shouldn't be a huge problem.
>>
>>18720015
Then pour your massive sex into his quivering, terrified, shitting asshole, savoring the feeling of shards of his doggy shit trying to burn their way through your cock's eye.
>>
>>18719857
Tell your mom to check on the home owners insurance, and if your friend can't work they'll take it out of that. But I'm no sure if they have stipulations, like "the dog must be removed form the premises after."

It's so complicated bro. But I'm telling you you will not be able to pay for the expenses of your dog biting someone All you can do is try to help out your bro, and keep your dog away from people.
>>
>>18719772
Sorry that civilized people don't have problems with wild animals taking babies and shit to discuss on the internet of whatever
>>
>>18719857
>>18720028
Like because dog bites are actually very common bro, it will be on your insurance policy pretty high. But also what I said before I'm fairly certain this is true

>>18719784

and if u think about it makes sense. Some peopels dogs are actually guard dogs and will literally fucking kill u if u pet them, it's just the wya they are. Like i took law class before and we studied so many cases about dog bites, and it all goes back to the person having a reasonable knowledge of the risk right?

If your dog will sit down on the ground be very cool, maybe leave by itself normal/. But you tell everyone who comes to your house(this does not work for children if you're like under 10 or 14 or some age like that you cant be held neglible.) So if someone comes in ur house and u say to them whatever u do do not pet my dog he will literally fuck ur day up, then they pet ur dog and get bit thats at least partially htere fault.

However it's better to just keep the dog with a muzzle on probably when people are around.
>>
>>18719772
kill yourself, nigger
>>
>>18719763

It sounds to me like you didn't train your dog properly as a puppy. You should have taken it on walks and put it around people more frequently as a puppy to get it used to being near people. Personally, I think you should put it down, because now it has the taste for blood and I doubt it can be trained now at 6 years.
>>
>>18719778

> you don't have to put him down

Uh yeah. He does. The dog is a danger to people every day that he is alive.

He could even snap and bite a loved one next.

OP you must put this dog down. Them's the rules. And the rules exist for good reason.
>>
I have a catahoula, basically closer to a wolf than Australian cattle dogs. He bites and hes very defensive of his family. I thought of putting him down and I would if he was aggressive. However he is defensive. Highly highly defensive. On neutral ground he's fine. Still I do not give him the chance after he bit the mailman so hard he got stitches. Our fence door gaveway at the worst possible timing and he nipped him and backed off.

If its too much trouble, sorry but its best to put him down.

Basically acknowledge that your dog is a risk. Get a muzzle. Do not give him the chance to bite strangers. If people want to pet him you say "he bites". They will not pet him. He should not be going to groomers or to vets alone. Always tell your vet he bites.

I have another dog who is the polar opposite. So relaxed I had his thyroid checked. Training only does so much not matter what some people say. Dogs can have real mental issues just like people.
>>
>>18720112
That's actually not a rule and dogs frequently bite people and don't get put down. You just have to think about the dog in question and your ability to keep the public safe.
>>
How bad was the injury sustained? You don't just euthanize your dog because it bit someone, you assess the damage done. If blood was drawn, or any significant damage was done to impair the victim, then your dog has to be put down.

You will go to court, and they'll sort it out there. Your dog is now considered dangerous, and you'll have to face the consequences of that.

Most people euthanize their dog after it bites to avoid paying the insane medical bills they'll be stacked with. It's a shame to say you may have to put your dog down for this reason alone.

Speak to a lawyer, or at least a professional. Godspeed, OP and dawg.
>>
Legally a bite is a bite. Your dog, your fault.

Now if a dog got scared, has some unknown issues from before being adopted or something and nips someone and fucks off its one thing. That is mangable. If your dog is latching on and shaking and mauling or going out of it's teritory to attack, that dog needs to be put down.

Neighbors dog once freaked out and bit the fuck out of my ankle when he tripped and stepped on its foot while it was meeting me for the first time. He offered to pay all my med bills and just outright gave me money. I saw no need to report his dog because shit happens. The dog freaked out and thought I was hurting it.
>>
>>18719763
Just discipline your fucking dog, man. There's no need to put the dog down unless she does real damage. You being a shitty owner who can't train his animal is no reason to put her down. Give her back to the shelter so they can find someone who knows what they're doing
>>
>>18719772
his dog bit his friend meanwhile your witchdoctor was slain by a hippo in africa
>>
HEY THERE MY CHEDDAR CHEESE GIRL MY CHEDDAR CHEDDAR CHEESE GIRL
>>
>>18719763
>I have no choice but to put him down
yes you do, don't let him near other people. now you know what can happen. he's not some toy people can just fiddle with at their own will and people have no business doing so unless you allow them. keep him in a different room or in a cage when you have people over. if you really love your dog as much as you say and this is actually the hardest decision of your life then i don't see how you can so easily lean toward the side of discarding your companions life for good. sounds like your friend actually gave a choice that isn't euthanizing your dog by being a cool dude and not going to the popo, learn your lesson and let your buddy live. unless he attacked someone from your family (his pack) then he probably didn't actually snap, he was just guarding his pack.
>>
>>18719791

Maybe in burgerstan, in countries that don't use the same measuring system as Somalia, we have laws where dogs are put dowm if they bite and maim people.

It is a bit less harsh when other dogs or pets are bitten, or if the victim is only superficially injured, but other than that dogs get put down with extreme prejudice if they bite other people.

And responsible dog owners take human damage very seriously and will put their dogs down even if the victims won't press charges
>>
File: Dextavius.jpg (54KB, 600x671px) Image search: [Google]
Dextavius.jpg
54KB, 600x671px
>>18719772
I'm sorry Tyrone, next time we'll talk about rape and robbing people so you'll feel more at home.
> He in jail yo, he dindu nuffin
> Free Tyshawn
> Laquisha is pregnant AGAIN, how is this possible?
> Why wont the gov give me more gibsmedats?
> WHITEY DID IT!

Peace out my nigger
>>
>>18719763
you need to have the dog put down

its your fault

you didn't train it right

raise your next dog right so it doesn't bite people
>>
Cute pupper, friend.

Don't put the doggo down, imo. Just keep it away from strangers. If it has any proclivity of being aggressive towards you and your family, I would have a different opinion.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.