[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

advice for a middle aged neet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7665.jpg (214KB, 1024x1371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7665.jpg
214KB, 1024x1371px
> be me
> Be 43-year-old separated NEET father of two great little kids and chronic depressive whose neet status is running out fast
> Help me, I'm stuck

> Get married to crazy chick in late 30's, venture into stay-at-home father role
> have heart episode at 40 requiring major open heart surgery
> Never really regained a fundamental enthusiasm for living
> Need a part time job at the least for family continue to supplement my neet status (only way I can survive where I am for the time being, which I need to do for now for my kids)
> Went to music school at age 26, decision only a budding prodigy or total neet would make, and I'm not and never have been a budding prodigy
> Have never tried to make a living related to music, and have very little interest in the idea
> Worked waiting tables mostly before music school, comfy but soul-crushingly boring office assistant job for nine years after music school, before dropping out to be full-time with my kids
> Really need to get a part time job at the least, benefits would be ideal of course - starting part-time in order to cause the least disruption for my kids' schedule for the time being
> Could not force myself to be the fake person anymore that I'd need to be to succeed as either a waiter or office assistant, etc.
> Have never figured out wtf I want to be when I grow up, like not even a little
> Every job I see online looks either horrible or way out of my league
> Miss the days when manufacturing existed in the USA. Would love to be an assembler, to make things
> I don't mix well with most trade workers

I'm basically retarded, speaking metaphorically of course and with all love and respect for my mentally challenged brothers and sisters out there. If for some reason you've made it through all this, and care to share your advice or observations, I'd be sincerely grateful. I'm confident any feedback will be at least on par with the crap I've shelled out neet bux half my life to hear from shrinks and charlatans.
>>
File: Hu7yspj.jpg (91KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Hu7yspj.jpg
91KB, 1080x1350px
That's a heart-breaking story with many twists and turns, but you never specified on what exactly you want advice.
>>
>>18719719

Move to the Southeast. We have assembly through the ass down here. Decent pay, cheap to live, you can work and then NEET the rest of the time. That's what I used to do.
>>
Thanks for the beautiful pic, anon. I was wondering if that was too open-ended, but then again that's part of the issue. Kinda hard to explain. Put it this way, if I could do the past twenty years over differently so that workwise I could be remotely near where a man should be at 43 damn years old. I'd like to find something healthy and vaguely meaningful to pursue and apply myself toward, which at the same time could be reasonably accomplished by a guy my age with a compromised physical aspect to boot. It could be anything, something that would appeal to you that you could move toward in my situation. And thank you again :)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.