[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating wild birds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: )-(.jpg (29KB, 858x858px)
)-(.jpg
29KB, 858x858px
I'm experiencing money problems right and I didn't have any food so I shot a mainah, defeathered it, gutted it, roasted it with spices as I would a chicken, and ate it.

This happened about a week ago and I'm not feeling sick or anything; is this a feasible way for me to stave off hunger?

There are no laws protecting birds in my country and mainahs and pigeons are extremely numerous so no one will miss a few of them.

Can I contract any diseases from eating these wild birds that eat anything they come across?
>>
There's a reason they call pigeons 'rats of the sky'
>>
Eat em. Eat the mynahs though not the pigeons. Pigeons are gross.
>>
Don't really know much about birds but as long as you are removing and not puncturing their stomachs and intestines before eating them you should be fine.
>>
>>18719606
how fat are you? serious question
>>
File: 1411227620391.png (132KB, 636x658px) Image search: [Google]
1411227620391.png
132KB, 636x658px
>4chan user discovers hunting, is genuinely concerned about it
>>
>>18719621
I just cut the body in half and then scoop out everything so only the cavity is there so I think I'm safe there.

>>18719828
I'm very skinny and fit; no excess fat because less food.

>>18719864
I'm more scared about parasites or diseases that could kill me. I'm poor so everyone will just leave me and I'll die and that has always weighed on my mind.
>>
As long as you clean it and cook it properly you should be physically fine.

Mentally speaking. You are a person who roams the streets capturing pidgeons to eat. I would try to get in a situation where you don't need to eat pidgeons.

I imagine you could throw a reflective vest on and walk around with a clip board, netting pidgeons and everyone would think you are doing some kind of study for the city.

You can get away with pretty much anything if you are dressed in khakis a tucked in collared shirt, reflective vest and have a clipboard.
>>
OP. Try dumpster diving breh. I aint ate a mynah but pigeons are not good eatin.
>>
>>18719965
>>18719985
>>18719616
>>18719618
I'm noticing a lot of rejection towards eating pigeons so I guess that is not a good route to take.

Does that mean that anything aside from a pigeon is fine?

>>18719965
I am getting carpentry and electrician training; me being too poor to get food is only temporary.
>>
Ask /out/ or /k/ for more helpful advice. They can help explain the right way to gut things safely. You do run the risk of contracting some parasites or other things, but overall it's safer than not eating and once you have money you can be tested and receive a cure for most anything you might be likely to contract. You can also minimize the chances of parasites or other issues by cooking meat thoroughly, handling it properly, and in general being smart about it.
>>
Perhap op could capture pideons and make a roost? Then he could eat eggs. Pidgeons are supposedly easy to carw for and basically forage for themselves.
>>
>>18719606
pigeons are edible and considered very tasty though i've never eaten them.

You can contract diseases from any meat but as long as you prepare and cook them properly as any meat, it should be fine. But the process of gutting and cleaning the animal is more likely to make you sick so be careful of bugs on them that make you sick.

I've considered doing this myself at points, but if i did it at this point it would probably be a deer...
>>
>>18720025
Anything but a pigeon is fine.
>>
Pigeons are fine to eat.

Those club-footed, feral city pigeons are likely to have all types disease or poison running through them. I wouldn't make a habit of eating them.

But a healthy looking wood pigeon, why not?

I mean, I wouldn't personally because there's like a thousand ways to find cheap food before I'd start risking food poisoning, parasites, or tape worm from eating animals I found in the gutter outside my house.
>>
>>18720025
Go ahead and eat pigeons. People just have a weird thing about them like cats and dogs. Hell, eat cats and dogs too. Meat is meat and there are too many strays anyways. Dogs are way easier to catch and more of a meal just don't get caught I don't know the laws in your country.
>>
Depends, are they city birds? Or country ones? City ones eat nothing but garbage usually
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.