[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: _v1_XUDQPyo.jpg (341KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
_v1_XUDQPyo.jpg
341KB, 1200x1600px
If your boss tells you "The nail the sticks out gets hammered" without any context, should you just look for a different job?
>>
>>18719248
if my boss told me that id end up banging her
>>
>>18719251
Yea, that doesn't apply here.
>>
Seems similar to 'the hinge that squeaks gets the grease'
>>
>>18719254
baka op should have replied "what's your poison?"
>>
>>18719255

They're basically the same thing. What's weird is that he didn't say it to me. He told it to my "supervisor" to tell me, which is strange to me because we've always talked about other stuff. I'm thinking it's time to get ready leave.
>>
>>18719260
If he told it via your supervisor, it's a sign that something you did not amuse him. I think if you're aware of what you did to be "sticks out" it's better to correct that before you got hammered down.

It's a passive-aggressive way to warn people, I don't like it personally, but everywhere you go it'd be the same. If your supervisor or boss didn't try to give you some "advice" to not be hammered or something in that line and just gives the threat of being hammered, I think it's fair to consider moving out.

I don't like if they just being passive-aggressive and not confronting the real issues like a good leader should.
>>
>>18719330
I'm just going to ask him directly.
>>
Tbqh I would not take it personal. He is the boss. He is overseeing the whole thing, not micro managing. I get occasional snarky remarks by my boss, and no it's not personal. So he may have a million things to think about.
>>
>>18719248
CONFORM.
>>
>>18719255
It's not.

"The nail that sticks out gets hammered down" connotes that your actions are out of norm and will draw attention to you and result in bad consequences.

"The squeaky hinge gets the grease" connotes that problems can only be fixed by complaining and you shouldn't be afraid to speak up about problems - or at least that you should see why speaking up is necessary.
>>
>>18719255
My boss always countered with " the squeaky wheel gets replaced"
>>
>>18719526
Tell him that if he wants to waste money replacing parts that are repairable that's his failed business.

t. works in HR. Turnover is the most expensive non-wages cost in any business except capital-intensive shit like mining.
>>
OP it means your boss is retarded.
>>
>>18719248
Your boss was challenging you to a duel because you activated his trap card.
>>
>>18719723
I'm your boss and I say to you manus manum lavat
>>
Poor guy was just opening up about his harsh life experience. Boss got hammered, and was looking for some sympathy in this cruel world. If he offs himself within ten days it is on your conscience my friend. Next time, have some compassion.
>>
>>18719248
Should have told him "Good luck hammering in a screw".
>>
>>18721313

That was good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.