[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Changing myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1435092343259.jpg (633KB, 1252x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1435092343259.jpg
633KB, 1252x1296px
So I am 23 and still live with my mother and grandmother. I have always been "babied" as in never had any REAL responsibilities to deal with. I currently work two part time jobs, one which I asked to take me off the schedule for awhile for x reason. When in reality it was just to have extra time to spend with a girl I was dating. I don't even make enough to pay my fair share of the rent/bills even though I'll buy something for myself or go out to dinner with my gf or something. Hell, I even give other coworkers my hours just so I can be off and do nothing at home all day. I know I a huge dick for doing this. I feel terrible but I can't get over the fact it doesn't matter what I'll do they will always pick up the slack. Looking in the past I noticed that I always tend to take advantage of things or people when given then chance. However when it was just my mom and I, I made sure to pay all my bills.

Of course I don't want to live with my family forever and would love to move out. But I can't shake the fact that I'd end up having to give up more of my free time of which I do nothing of importance. Of course if they literally kicked me out or if we were in a position where WE would be homeless then I would definitely start picking up my share and work more. But since we aren't there, I feel there is no point. Every job except Sams Club that I've worked has been tedious as hell and the hours go by so slow because the work is so mundane. I'm a bitch. My ex who was in the states for a few months would very often be asked to work 14+ hour shifts at McDonalds because they needed her and not once did she complain about it. Yet here I am wanting to kill myself after a short ass 4 hour shift. I need a job that keeps me active and moving rather than walking around a store all day scanning barcodes and changing prices.

How do I change myself?
>>
>>18718506
You need a lot more than just a new job op lol.
>>
>>18718521
10/10 solid advice.
>>
Set 3 goals
1. Financial; get a fulltime job you enjoy and are able to do for years
2. Social; Find something you both enjoy doing and benefits you socially like joining boxing classes or whatever
3. Independence; Find a place to live by yourself, rent an apartment or anything. Living with your mom at 23 isn't healthy.
>>
>>18718944

Idk man, living with your parents at 23 isnt that bad as long as you're not being a leech and actually help around the house. It's not necessarily economically viable to live in an apartment for everyone especially when finding a job that pays enough to make a living is extremely difficult to come by.
>>
>>18719142
Yeah I help out, do the dishes, mow the lawn and stuff.

Even with my two jobs I'd barely break 35 hours.

Job 1-
$10.75/h 10 minute drive, average about 20 ~ 28 hours but the time goes by incredibly slow

Job 2-
$12.00/h 15 minute to 45 drives, rapes me in gas, 5 ~ 13 hours a week if I only work nights. Time usually flies

So if I worked the max hours I could a week from both jobs I'd make $1,434 a month and with taxes puts me at $1,185. An average 1 - 2 BR apartment not in the ghetto is at least $750 at the cheapest, unless I find a studio which was $650 and was like 575sqft.

Food $150 ~ 200
Utilities $100
Gas for car $100
Phone Bill $30
Internet $80

Leaves me with a whopping $70 and wouldn't be able to afford health or car insurance.

I had saved up a decent amount when I was working at Sams but I had to burn through that while looking for a new job. I'm great at being a jew.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.