[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you deal with overbearing or controlling parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bubby.png (980KB, 1169x812px) Image search: [Google]
bubby.png
980KB, 1169x812px
How many of you deal with overbearing or controlling parents?
>tfw live with grandmother
>she pretends to be passive and agreeable
>acts highly subversive and controlling
>tfw can't stay out late before she turns on alarm
>tfw she completely loses her shit when I stay out late
>tfw this is getting in the way of me getting laid
Do you guys have any ideas about what to do, other than moving out?
I can't deal with roommates for long periods of time before I go into an autistic rage and try to fight them, so having a roommate is out of the question.
>>
>How many of you deal with overbearing or controlling parents?

560,002 of us.

>Do you guys have any ideas about what to do, other than moving out?

You should move out if you want your independence as an adult.

>I can't deal with roommates for long periods of time before I go into an autistic rage and try to fight them, so having a roommate is out of the question.

Such are the human problems of this perverse world. There is no escape from our problems but only lesser evils.
>>
>>18718369
>I can't deal with roommates for long periods of time before I go into an autistic rage and try to fight them

What the fuck, man? Maybe you and your gran deseve each other. But yeah, moving out is probably your only option. Old people are set in their ways and deaf when they choose to be, so negotiating with her is probably useless. Anyhow, if it's her house, it's sorta her right to set the alarm whenever she wants to.
>>
>>18718383
>Maybe you and your gran
Naw, we hate each other.
The only reason she's keeping me around is because she knows I have a trust fund and she's hoping I take care of her when she can no longer wipe her ass.
I'm sticking around because I don't want to pull the trigger on buying a house, because I don't want to squander my inheritance.
>>
>>18718369
>>18718369
this is the thread i need

>22
>5th year of uni
but before this
>4th year of uni
>engineering major
>grades poor, not yet admitted to engi college within the university
>dad tells me I should look for another major since poor grades
>follow his advice, cause hes dad and ive always followed parents advice about school (in uni because of them)
>change major for my last year of school
>im not in some bullshit major that doesn't technically exist, its kind of a build-a-major program thats in its beta stages of uni before being implemented more widely
>classes don't teach me how to be more employable
>most are senior-level fill-in-the-credits bullshit kind of classes (ie. wine tasting 101)
>im in these because ive technically filled out my requirements from being an engi major for 4 years
Since i didnt finish engi, im not employable in that field, and because i'll only take one year of this new major, with no real technical courses, i won't be employable in this new field either. So now what? Finish with some worthless major? Drop out completely and go somewhere else? Pursue certs and be Mr. IT man in some corporate basement and never finish college? No matter what route i take I feel like i'll still have to take courses for certs or w/e. This is all because I took dad's advice over the dean of the engineering college I was trying to get into. Fuck me right?
>>
>>18718817
Yeah, fuck your dad on that one.
I'd advise you get a post-graduate business degree.
In America we call it a Master's in Business
We have expedited programs that only take about a year-and-half. Once completed, you'll have the experience to get into Business Admin.
With your engineering knowledge, I imagine you'll do very well.
>>
>>18718408
>I don't want to pull the trigger on buying a house, because I don't want to squander my inheritance.
Are you expecting housing prices to go down? You should have bought 5 years ago, but you're still better off buying now than continuing to wait.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.