[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Citalopram & substance use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 200px-(R)-citalopram.svg[1].png (4KB, 200x143px) Image search: [Google]
200px-(R)-citalopram.svg[1].png
4KB, 200x143px
A bit of background: I've been going through some real apathetic, depressed episodes for the past year or so between work (stable, well paid, but unfulfilling), relationship (confused partner, hard work sometimes, but the good outweighs the bad) and home life (distant extended family ties since childhood, immediate family is slightly fragmented, also living alone) and after seeing a psychotherapist on/off for 6 months, I've decided to get some real, consistent help and as well as some chemical aid (Citalopram, 20mg/day) in order to buck the trend after things came to a head two weeks ago.

Stupidly (only in the benefit of hindsight), I had been self medicating with weed as I had been a rather consistent smoker for the past three years, however my use had changed (and actually decreased) from enjoying it both on my own and with friends, to simply smoking to go bed, something which I am now no longer doing.

The thing is, now that I feel that I'm on the up and my relationship is good, obviously I want to enjoy a drink and smoke some weed like I used to (and not for the purpose of numbing the pain), however I'm unsure about how wise this is as SSRIs need time to work and I don't want to fuck up my progress.

So I'm wondering if any anons who have been on SSRI treatment could give me some advice on whether it's wise or not to indulge a little whilst medicated, or if I'm just going to be kicking myself in the morning. Everything has to be done in moderation, that's clear, I don't plan to jump off the deep end - I had a G&T for the first time whilst medicated last night and I was pretty gone before the drink was, but drugs are a whole different story.
>>
>>18718352
i'm not incredibly well educated on the topic, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that the two frequently don't combine well. it's probably going to depend specifically on you. i would caution you against it, but it works out fine for some people.
>>
>However I'm unsure about how wise this is as SSRIs need time to work and I don't want to fuck up my progress.

It will fuck up your progress.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.