[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My new gf have jokingly confessed to me a few times that she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: lThpKEP.jpg (30KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
lThpKEP.jpg
30KB, 600x375px
My new gf have jokingly confessed to me a few times that she is not entirely comfortable with me being smarter than her. She has never brought this up in a serious manner. Now i have a reasonably high IQ, but mind you not mensa level IQ. But i do have a quite wide range of trivia knowledge due to my obsession with reading wikipedia articles. Now if it's not clear at this point I am slightly autistic, and have less than optimal social skills. Thus when she confesses her discomfort with me being smarter than her I am at a loss of words. I don't know what to say and how to act. Any one of you have any tips, of how to handle this situation?
>>
You do you. Fuck her.
>>
The important thing to take from this is you are doing things that make your gf feel insecure over her own intellect. This is obviously not good. Whether you're actually objectively smarter than her or not isn't particularly important, rather you need to change the way in which you act in order to ensure she feels comfortable in herself, otherwise you risk alienating her and ruining your relationship.

You should probably tell her that you don't believe that you're smarter than her, and ask why she feels this way. Perhaps you're spending too much time in your head, rather than spending time with her in the moment. Perhaps you're too quick to put down her ideas or do not give her time to voice her opinions. These things can easily become a bad habit for those with self-assured intellects yet become toxic in a relationship where give and take is fundamental.
>>
>>18718201
>You should probably tell her that you don't believe that you're smarter than her
What if his gf is a dumb bitch?
>>
>>18718182
just tell her she is smarter about some subjects than you and you are smarter about some subjects than her and that its not a contest.
>>
>>18718182
She's going to cheat on you when the resentment keeps building up for months on end. Girls like her are the ones that are truly narcissistic in the mentally ill sense of the term.

You know those women who hang around uglier women to look pretty?

She wants the same from her relationships, a stereotypical Chad bro who will fuck her good and then watch football for 15 hours while she cucks him
>>
Lol, I can relate. People have often called Mr "smart" and have been intimidated by me, even though I'm really not anything special, just a loser who likes to read trivia on different topics. When it comes to legit intelligence, like, being able to problem-solve and work with abstract concepts instead of just memorizing some shit about whales or Germany or something, I'm puts shit.

Makes me feel badly, like I'm a fraud or something. Some women have confessed being too scared to talk to me because I seem "too smart" for them. Like, bitch, I'm a horny retard, come holla @ me.
>>
>>18718594
Lol at /adv/ advice

>My SO and I have got some problems

>She's a cheating whore. Dump her.
>>
>>18718201
>hide your powerlevel and act stupid
>lie to her about her not beeing stupid
>change yourself you that a insecure cunt can feel better

How about teelling her that there will always be smarter and dumber people? How about showing her the bell curve? If she isn't borderline retarded she will understand. If she is OP shouldn't waste hiis time with a low IQ womb.
>>
>>18718579
this
>>
>>18718182
>tfw 140+ IQ
>tfw it's never done anything for me and I hate the way people fetishize intelligence and pretend that it's the sole determining factor of the value of a person's life
>tfw people are going to get offended by the fact that I posted my IQ and claim that I'm just humblebragging
>tfw if I didn't post it, those people would claim I'm just a retard with sour grapes
>tfw there's literally no way to convince everyone that IQ is less important than creativity and open mindedness
>>
>>18718880
I am a 124 and if it helps, I can understand you. Intelligence is overrated, I would gladly exchange it for charisma and open-mindedness.
>>
this is her passive aggresive way fo saying "stop being a nerd, it's turning me off"

it's not like women care about any of the smart stuff you talk about. she'd be happier with pointless small talk and gossip. intellectual conversations with women is the fastest way to remove moisture from a vagina.
>>
>>18718595
women almost never directly say what they mean. and women are great at taking things out fo context to assume you meant to say something you didn't say. there's so much psychological manipulation in everything they say that they can't even talk honestly and openly so don't even try.

you have to decode the message, what is she really trying to say. and i think these women are just trying to tell you to stop being a nerd.
>>
>>18718680
You must be fun at parties.
Nobody likes to be shown direct evidence of their inferiority, especially not from their own peers, it's very frustrating for a normal person. She will most definitely understand, but she will not be cool with it, nor subconsciously accept it and she'll just be defensive as fuck.
>>
>>18718182
it kinda sounds like you might be worried over nothing. Given your autism, is it possible that you misinterpreted self deprecating humor as a serious issue?
>>
>>18718880
This. I would trade 20 IQ points for an inch of cock and more motivation in life.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.