[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cut off toxic family members for good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (113KB, 1394x714px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
113KB, 1394x714px
I made a point of keeping my family at a distance. Then my great-grandmother (woman who sort of raised me) and my infant nephew died. So I tried to be decent and reach out to them. That was a grievous mistake. I was forced to talk to the person who molested me as a kid, everyone in the family now despises me because i didn't fly out (i legit didn't have the money, nor could i ask them for aid). Also ome sketchy guy i don't know is calling my phone and demanding money. I am seriously considering changing my number. I didn't give them my address but I gave them the number in a good faith effort. Now, they reward my faith with this horrible shit.

Anyway, after all that I wanted to cut things off and make sure they stay cut off because my life is pretty okay. So has anyone had any experience with burning bridges in a permanent and effective way?
>>
Well. This past year I ran away from home when I was 17. I'm 18 now almost 19. I ran away from home due to my mother being a manipulative, emotionally abusive and her crazy "The end of times are coming" ideas. I planned to run away from home ever since I was 14. I didn't do it until I was 17 cuz I was too young. Anyway. I cut off my mom from my life almost completely. I just ignore her calls and I shut her down when she ever wants to tell me some religious bullshit she found on the internet. I currently live with my aunt and I only seldomly see her.

Anyway if you really wanna cut them off just block all of their numbers. Pretend they don't exist. You don't need that negativity in your life.
>>
>>18717833
What's the problem?

Don't contact them.
Hang up when they call you.
Get on with your life.
>>
>>18717981
This pretty much. I had an abusive mum and one day I just up and left. Haven't had contact with her for a good few months now. Just don't talk to them. I know it's hard but you don't owe them anything if they treat you like shit. Just keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.