[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to approach a girl in my class?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1504700439353.jpg (38KB, 667x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504700439353.jpg
38KB, 667x720px
So there's this girl in my English class that's really cute, and I really want to talk to her and get to know her. Obviously I want to ask her out too, but I really want to just get to know her first. The problem is I have no idea how to start the conversation organically and not have it seem like I'm just trying to pick her up or something. We've had class twice so far, and we've barely said anything to each other, although today we got assigned to the same group for a research essay type thing and we all introduced ourselves to each other. We have class again on Thursday and I just need some ideas on how to approach her. She leaves when class is over pretty much immediately so it needs to be in class unless you guys also have ideas on how to approach her if I see her outside of class too (Which is unlikely, I'm telling you, as soon as class ends she disappears)
>>
This ended up way longer than I expected it to.

TLDR: How to approach and talk to a girl in your class you don't know, and have the convo flow organically
>>
Take it cool OP, be yourself. Ik, it's hard and I've been in the same shoes. But just talk to her like any other friend, and be a bit of a tease. Don't be all nice, add some banter in there too. Just be confident and don't be a pussy. that's the best advice I can give.
>>
>>18717601
What kind of class, what kind of project? Could you set up some collaboration in person?

If you are alpha enough just cash her ousside and say hey youre totally my type, wanna netflix and chill after class?
>>
>>18717601
If I'm being completely honest OP, you're putting all your eggs in a basket with this one girl. It may not work out but having said that...

If you haven't spoken to her yet, you should start now. Be spontaneous. Can be anything from the homework from last week or something that's happening around you. Maybe she shows up early to class, or gets lunch/coffee nearby so that could where to start a convo. See how warm and receptive she is and if you haven't weirded/creeped her out ask for something lowkey like getting a quick lunch together.
>>
Use the research essay as a reason to talk to her and you can go from there and get her number.

If she gets to class early you can use that as chance to talk and sit beside her.
>>
>>18717601
Find literally any reason to talk to her. And if the opportunity comes up get on it like no tomorrow. If ure afraid u wont get the opportunity to talk to her again ask for her number.
>>
>>18717651
We're doing research on countries and how free they are or w/e. Teacher hasnt fully explained yet, we just got into groups and looked at articles

>>18717653
>>18717656
>>18717662
What I'm worried about is weirding/creeping her out, and I'm insecure as fuck so I just assume everyone is weirded out by me. What are some actual signs that she's not interested/weirded out? When should I just give up and drop it?
>>
>>18717677
You should just chat with her, see how she is does she seem like she doesn't care at all? If you're not sure ask for her number or just say hey after class you wanna get some food or something. If she says I cant im busy today or have class next thats fine just ask for her number and text her another time, keep the texting short and sweet and just ask her out. If she declines generally ask again if you're not sure, and maybe ask a 3rd time but that is the maximum. If you arent sitting down with her on a date the 3rd time u ask, it's because hse doesnt want to go on a date with you.But 2 times is probably more than enough.

Just remember if she turns you down, it's important to just take a deep breath say it's okay dont worry about it and just accept that you got rejected. No one will make fun of you and I genuinely think if you respond well to being a rejected and still talk nicely with them they will really really respect you and other people will see that.
>>
>>18717687
Aren't girls bothered by this? I just feel like if I sit next to her and try to talk to her shes gonna be rolling her eyes the whole time wanting to escape that situation
>>
>>18717699
Yeah they are. Try to find any reason to talk to her. If you can make eye contact with her just say hey and start making conversation.

Dont just go up to her hey hows it going. You have to find an excuse.
>>
>>18717699
She might be bothered, she might not. You don't know until you try. If she seems uninterested, just bow out gracefully and take the hint.

You don't have to feel bad and take it personally. Just imagine if you were sitting minding your own business and some random gay guy came up hitting on you. Would you think he's the scum of the earth and be secretly seething and mocking him in your mind? Probably not, you're just not interested. It's nothing personal. You just didn't have a mutual spark of chemistry and it's not necessarily anyone's fault.
>>
>>18717677
If you're talking to her and she isn't really talking to you and just nodding. If her arms are folded. If her eyes are wandering around when you're talking to her.

I think you're too much in your head. You gotta lighten up and relax. Judging from how you're describing this situation, you're way too tense. Just talk to her and see where it goes. Imagine talking to her as if she were one of your close friends.
>>
>>18717711
Okay. We're in the same group so I guess I have an excuse to talk to her on thursday, I can lead in with the research we're doing and just keep going from there.

>>18717720
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess the scariest part is the waiting and then doing it. Its gonna be horrible anxiety and paranoid thoughts until the day of.

>>18717737
You're right, I'm really tense and nervous cause I've never done this before. What I'm most afraid of is probably pussying out and not doing anything and not taking any chances. I've done it my whole life and I'm scared I'm gonna do it again.
>>
>>18717753
Just go out and see what happens. Expect the worst but be prepared for the best. If she isn't receptive, oh well. It'll be a learning experience with you.
>>
>>18717813
>If she isn't receptive, oh well. It'll be a learning experience with you.
Yeah that's true. I'll at least get something out of this experience. Thanks for the help

>Expect the worst but be prepared for the best.
I'll keep that in mind.
>>
Almost end of semester, awkward eye contact (or could it be that she sees me staring at her or what) looks and yeah with this girl. Theres like no ice breakers for me to do. Am I a creep?

What am I to do? Sorry to hijack thread but it relates.
>>
>>18717601
Catch her before or after class. "Did you write down the assignment? My mind wandered and I missed it.......Thanks. I'm Anon, by the way.......Well, hello Anonette. See you Tuesday."

On Tuesday "Hi Anonette. Thanks for being a lifesaver the other day......Here, I'll sit next to you today.......You know, we should exchange numbers so we can help each other out if either of us miss something....."
>>
Dude, just do whatever. Doing something is better than doing nothing. At worst you will get rejected and get some valuable learning experience.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.