/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I avoid hurting a woman's fragile ego?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

File: born to lose.png (1MB, 654x771px) Image search: [Google]
born to lose.png
1MB, 654x771px
My wife is terrible at almost any sort of videogame. She's alright at RPGs. They're barely a genre, but I'm not going to tell her that a retarded toddler could figure out how to grind its way through any of the final fantasy games. Anyway, the main issues are that she insists on playing games with me. She's absolute dogshit at them.

She'll go 0/10 in a game, actively being a liability in any sort of multiplayer game, and then insist she did pretty good. If I don't agree, she'll throw a fit. She can only use one stick on a controller at a time, so she has to move a bit, adjust the camera, move a bit, and then repeat forever. I'm tired of babysitting her through games. I'm even more tired about having to lie to her about her abilities.
>>
>>18717580
you just have to tell her flat out: Look, video games are like a sport and when you play together you have ot be a team and team mates have to be honest.

Just tell her you dont mean to hurt her feelings but theres certain things you wont play with her if she wont accept criticism. But at the same time dude your wife probably just loves playing with you so maybe you could lighten up a bit =/
>>
>>18717580
Play RTS games, put her as the forward base and use her as a human shield. Keep feeding her units but make sure the fight is constantly around her. Either she'll get good through the rigors of e-tactical combat or the stress will get to her.

No more of that fairy tale MUH TOLKIEN 1488 HWYTE ELVEN WORLDS and certainly none of that sid miers crap.
>>
I got my wife into games by smurfing with her on SMITE arena mode. Maybe try that. New SMITE acct will have you two paired up against literal retarded toddlers so at worst youll be able to carry.
>>
>But at the same time dude your wife probably just loves playing with you so maybe you could lighten up a bit =/
Yeah, I bet that's the case, so I do feel bad about it.

>>18717590
this would work well if I weren't shit at rts games

>>18717600
not shit enough at rts games to play mobas, though
>>
Does she actually want to get good? there's no help for her if she doesn't.

If she does- Tell her to
solo que with random players on a online multiplayer game w/o voice chat playing a male character whilst using a male name. Other ppl will do the ego hurting for you.

Based on person experience, this works.
>>
>>18717580
You might try measuring her worth as a human being by some scale other than her skill at video games.
>>
>>18717580
Holy fuck thats bad, I cooped serious sam with my girlfriend, who never plays video games, it was like her second time playing an FPS ever, and she figured out movement very quickly.
Is your girl a retard?
>>
>>18718039
I've told her that I don't care how good she is at games, but she's always been really 'good' at RPGs so she mistakenly believes she's good at games
>>
>>18718138
not retarded, probably just autistic
>>
File: HillaryBook.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
HillaryBook.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>18717580

Play some other game: tennis, ping pong, golf, pool, or whatever that uses other skills rather than pressing buttons. She wants to "play" with you. She wants to be closer to you, the heartless bitch.
Yah, you just want to relax and unwind after a hard day at work but you gotta allot some "couple's-time" to maintain your relationship. Have regular fun dates. Don't neglect your wife.
>>
File: 1504163044116.jpg (59KB, 480x714px) Image search: [Google]
1504163044116.jpg
59KB, 480x714px
>>18717614
>this would work well if I weren't shit at rts games
Lol you're attacking your girl for being shit at games, but you're also shit at some genres? What a suprise not everyone is good at everything. Eventhough she is straight shit at games (using one stick at a time is mom tier) she still wants to play.

If she insists on playing games with you, find a game that both of you can be good at and let her know straight up that she stinks at the other ones. Maybe civ or something of that nature?

This isn't that hard bro.
>>
>>18717614
Dude SMITE is far and away the easiest moba to get into. i wasnt exaggerating about the new account matchmaking. And its free.
>>
File: veni_vidi_sensi.jpg (34KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
veni_vidi_sensi.jpg
34KB, 500x598px
>>18718247
Smite is easy compared to other mobas sure but it still involves mechanics, being that 90% of the abilities are skillshots, not sure how OPs wife would do, I tried teaching a female friend once and she had to stop, look at the keyboard, press the ability press the mouse and only then she would look at the screen again
>tfw no qt gf to feed in assault with
>>
>>18718260
That said if you smurf as said before you can carry any game with any god because the lower ladder is retarded, the game is free so kids download it
>>
>>18718260
Pretty easy to learn on neith/artemis or just have her heal with ra. Not saying it wont take some effort on her part. My wife can barely go positive in games with my main acct, but at her lvl she does great amd has fun.
>>
File: l8e3m78m4uwx.jpg (39KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
l8e3m78m4uwx.jpg
39KB, 640x633px
>>18717580
>My wife's son
>>
>>18718159
What exactly is wrong with RPG's you fuck?
>>
>>18717580
What the fuck is this autistic shit?

If she's bad, get the fuck over it and understand not everyone is a basement dwelling NEET who has spent more time looking at a computer than he has even been outside
>>
>>18718532
Nothing wrong with rpgs. They're just about as mechanically intensive as reading a book
>>
File: 1499467697898.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499467697898.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
>>18717580
Anon, your gf is doing an effort to play video games because more likely than not she won't get much interaction from you in any other way.

Don't get Autistic at her and lower your game standards. Play braindead easy games you can play together. Bonus points: RNG games to handicap you against her.

Play Mario Kart 8 and let her use auto-steering or co-op Kirby SuperStar or something.
>>
>>18719146
go to /tg/ and try telling them that lmao
>>
>>18717580
Hey man, I have the same exact problem as you. But I realized one thing. My girlfriend never really liked playing video games, she liked watching good story games. She just tried to play the games I liked because she thought I'd like that.

Don't ever rage at your gf for being shit balls at a game. They're trying their best to please your idea of them being a "gamer girl"
>>
File: 1497773670869s.jpg (6KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497773670869s.jpg
6KB, 246x250px
>>18717580
Does it really matter that she's bad?
I used to play videogames with my sister. We played a lot of shity games and she's not particularly good, but we had so much fun because we were playing together. It wasn't about the games. It was about spending time with my sis.
My advice is to stop taking gaming so seriously. Focus on having fun with your wife.
>>
>>18719500
>My advice is to stop taking gaming so seriously. Focus on having fun with your wife.

It's not serious, it's like trying to play catch with a toddler that has no hands. Just overwhelmingly frustrating.
>>
Maybe find fun party games to play together like Jackbox or Use Your Words. Maybe something like overcooked?
>>
>>18717580
Women don't feel emotions like you or I
If you fail at something, you think "How can I avoid this" and you learn for it
Women think "Did I enjoy this?"

That it's. Your wife enjoys your shit video game playing, because, surprise, she enjoys it.
She doesn't think anything rational about being better.
She only thinks of her enjoyment. If she enjoys it, then what need is there to get better?

Women don't care about things like rationality. If they feel good, then they don't care.
>>
>>18717580
Play online board game like games like armello.
I play it with my sister.
>>
>>18719920
>Women think "Did I enjoy this?"

What's wrong with that?
Her own and my own enjoyment is the point of videogames. If there's no enjoyment there's no point wasting time in it. I don't play videogames I don't enjoy.
>>
>>18720111
no anon the only reason to play videogames is to get better. your enjoyment is only an indicator that you're an irrational inferior being. fun is just a buzzword
>>
>>18720111
Because satisfaction trumps enjoyment and if you give up too soon because you aren't immediately gratified, you lose out.
Delayed gratification is a sign of maturity.
I mean shit, they use it even for base intelligent tests in animals

The ability to acknowledge that current frustration can result in future pleasure is really really important for determining... Something about a person
>>
>>18720117
Get better at what. being a repulsive asshole? No thank you.

>>18720123
I know well enough what I like and what I don't like and I don't want to waste time and energy on things that mean and offer nothing to me. Effective time management on relevant, useful things according to your interests is more of a sign of maturity than wasting time on what's not good for you just because someone else wants you to.

>if you give up too soon because you aren't immediately gratified, you lose out

Lose out on what? What satisfaction? I take no satisfaction from competitive gaming. It's like you're saying to me if you don't drink a gallon of liquid steaming shit you lose out on the satisfaction of having drinked a gallon of liquid steaming shit, but the point you don't get is I don't like the idea of drinking liquid steaming shit, period. Maybe you do, but that's you, not me.

>The ability to acknowledge that current frustration can result in future pleasure

One also has the ability to acknowledge that current frustation will not result in future pleasure because the frustation and effort required are too much and/or the reward is too little, and would rather utilize their time for more fruitful endeavors.
>>
And we let these >>18720152 things raise our children.
>>
>>18717580
Your wife is a retarded fat bitch that should kill herself. Annoying bitch.
>>
Why are you even lying to your wife in the first place? And about games of all things?

Is gaming so important to your relationship? Clearly enough to go and make a post about the woman you supposedly love on here.

So sad.
>>
i think you suck and your wife sucks more that means you lose most of your games

get gud and carry your wife, they ladyboners from being with someone who is good, thats why she wants to play with you

but apparently you suck
>>
>>18720472
And (You) offer no argument.
>>
You're looking at this the wrong way.
She's your wife, she sees it differently, she just wants to have fun and do something with you.
You need to relax anon. You've obviously spent too much time playing online games with overly competitive neckbeards.
Be nice to your wife, enjoy the gameplay with her, show her how to get better if this is so much of a problem for you.
>>
File: PC.jpg (83KB, 711x878px) Image search: [Google]
PC.jpg
83KB, 711x878px
You mentioned that she can only move one joystick at a time on the controller. Have you tried converting her to pc instead? I know you can't cross-platform (yet), but try handing her a mouse and keyboard. If she has to look down at the keyboard to use wasd, she might be a retard.
>>
>Born to lose

Won a senate seat in New York and drastically changed the education curriculum so New Yorkers had a broader frame of reference in the humanities. Created new programs and attempted to modernize a government agency as its head.

Everything from the politicized scandal over that position to the presidential run and you've got a point though. That's only the tail end of a long career.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 479x361px
>>18717589
>video games a like a sport
Pic related

Anyway is just a fucking video game op, who gives a shit. It's just to pass time and have some entertainment with yourself or other people
>>
>>18717580
>console pleb
she should divorce you

get her on a keyboard and mouse

>but what about multiplayer
get a second, more budget gaming computer
>>
>>18722726
>>18717580
oh or a Nintendo. it's made for casuals and not HARDCORE gaymurs such as yourself.
>>
>>18722719
t. guy in his 30s or out of touch normie

Esports are already in consideration for 2020 olympics. Most competitive esports are more complex than chess or poker by a long shot. Seriously, anyone who doesn't take video games as a serious form of competition in 2017 is very out of touch. I guarantee in 10-20 years esports will have more viewership than traditional sports.
>>
>>18722807
nobody in 2017 considers console games esports, except maybe fighters
>>
File: 1484285909713.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1484285909713.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>>18722807

>Trying to use the existence of esports to dismiss the absolute ridiculousness of a grown man and woman having marital troubles over video games.
>>
>>18717580
>RPG's are barely a genre

and you're barely a fucking man

>she goes 0/10 in a game, actively being a liability in any sort of multiplayer game

maybe you should be playing games with support roles, you fucking plebian
>>
>>18722814
Well I think anything that attracts spectators could be a sport, even if consoles are vastly inferior to PC and have a much lower skillcap. If people want to watch it then people are going to broadcast it.
>>
>>18722822

When conservative politicians talk about "traditional marriage", instead of focusing on the gays they should be trying to bring back marriage that doesn't fucking involve video games.

I'd change parties just to vote for that.
>>
>>18722840
>blaming the videogames and not these retards
give me liberty or give me death
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.