[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw bad at math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1504856201531.jpg (67KB, 647x697px) Image search: [Google]
1504856201531.jpg
67KB, 647x697px
>tfw bad at math
>>
It's not like you'll ever use anything past simple algebra and geometry anyway.
>>
>>18717486
This. Unless you're going into a field that uses math, it doesn't matter. I was great at math in high school, but I studied law and I use next to none of it.
>>
>>18717505
The problem is that society is saying that the only way to make money is through STEM fields. Then you get people like me and OP, who are not good at math. And we feel like failures in this society. I'd like to apply to law school, but I'm told it's a meme degree with zero prospects unless you have nepotism or a top 20 school on your resume.
>>
>>18717587
I understand where you're coming from, I've been there myself but it's just something you're gonna have to trust me on. The STEM crisis is a huge lie, most majors will leave you with the same prospects you would've had if you never entered, certainly similar pay. And as far as math goes, in day to day life you just never use anything about the most simple algebra.

If I were to do it all over again I would dump those 4 years working as a waiter or a janitor and going to the local art studios instead of wasting my time in college for a technical degree that really didn't mean anything. Certainly would've been cheaper and less stressful.
>>
>>18717587
The people telling you that are right. The effort required to make a law degree work is astonishing. Unless you are willing to bust your ass working 65 hour weeks and having zero free time you will just be another middling lawyer.

STEM on the other hand can lead you on the fast track to living a decent life. Provided you don't act like a fuck-up and take internships, that is.
>>
>>18717628
>Unless you are willing to bust your ass working 65 hour weeks and having zero free time you will just be another middling lawyer.
>implying it isn't the same for engineers
>>
>>18717587

If you have aptitude for languages, try studying some less-learned one

I met a woman (here in Denmark) who was a certified interpreter in Hungarian

They were 3 (three!) certified interpreters of Hungarian in the whole kingdom.
She made +100 euros an hour translating for the EU and shit like that
>>
>>18717587
>>18717628
I'm not from the US so I don't know what the legal field is like there, but that's certainly not how it is where I live. Kinda seems like everything is over-saturated over there, to be honest, I've someone post everyday that they can't get a job in STEM after graduating too.
>>
STEM is a meme. The REAL money is in business, finance, and real estate. Fortunately these are real world applications and you are allowed to use a computer for mundane stuff in real life.
>>
>>18717482
Are you asking for advice or just bragging?
>>
>>18717486
Maybe also reading and understanding graphs. Not really specific to maths, but you encounter these quite frequently too.
>>
>>18717486
I used Calculus just the other day
>had a bucket with no gallon marks on it
>filled it up to a certain level, had to know how many gallons were in there
You see where this is going
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.