[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Emergency Prescription

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: I really need this.jpg (8KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
I really need this.jpg
8KB, 288x216px
/adv/,

I haven't spoken with my endocrinologist for over a year, and my levothyroxine prescription ran out ages ago. I need a prescription to fill the next few months before I find a new doctor after I move state, but I don't know who to turn to. Is there an online pill mill I could use?

I know my most recent dosage (175mcg) worked well, and frankly my mental health over the last year and now are NOT good. I do NOT want to go back hat in hand to my doctor or explain to my family doctor how much I've let fall through the cracks for the past 12 months. Dude literally speaks to my parents every other week due to THEIR health problems, and it'd be awfully awkward.

Any ideas?
>>
>>18717416
Just get them online
>>
>>18717424
I've been looking into that, but my last prescription expired. The great majority of online prescription places are "legit" now. The sites that DON'T ask for a prescription seem sketchy as Hell.

Any ideas? Any pill sites that don't ask for a script but haven't poisoned anyone (lately)?
>>
Shameless self-bumping here; I really need to figure out a solution here.

Has anyone had luck obtaining an online prescription like this?
>>
I don't understand. You apparently have severe diagnosed hypothyroidism. You go to your family doctor and tell him your prescription has run out, but God hasn't extended his hand quite yet to miraculously cure your condition, so you need a new prescription to prevent an early case of death from setting in. Your family doctor gives you the prescription and you are good to go.

Levothyroxine isn't an a usable drug, nor is it a go to choice for suicide attempts, as such it is a low threshold prescription for MDs to write up.
>>
You're retarded. Those pill mills from India take up to a month to arrive at your door step.

>Need emergency prescription

Yeah. no. You're obviously not telling us something. I'm not going to bother speculating. Just go to a couple of clinics in your area and explain them your 'story' and see if they'll give your emergency prescription.
>>
>>18717537
This is what I thought untill I saw he was talking about levothyroxine, which really only has one very specific use; the treatment of hypothyroidism. Why would you want to hide the use of hypothyroidism meds?
>>
>>18717541
Because I seriously, honestly doubt my parents couldn't clue in to why I suddenly need to make a flurry of phone calls with my family doctor. They were helicopter parents for so long they're doing it out of habit, and I do NOT want to hear about this for the rest of my natural life. I come from one of "those" families. "This is just like that time you didn't turn in an assignment in eighth grade" is still bandied about. I'm 31.

The last year has not been good to me emotionally or mentally, and this is one of a dozen things I let slip through the cracks. I'm afraid of "mending fences" with my last endocrinologist. Worse yet, I'm afraid of being (rightfully) labelled as non-compliant on my medical records and complicating my insurance.

I am incredibly, impossibly lucky to have a full-time job with benefits. Everyone in my family thinks I more or less have my life together, and this is one of the last things I don't have figured out.
>>
>>18717549
Why is your family doctor informing your parents about anything? He does not have that right, you phone him, you go along, you get a prescription. He opens his trap and he will quite literally lose his license over it. Confidentiality is no joke, and as we can see from this for good reason, you are literally too worried to get your life saving meds because of what your parents might think of it.

Failing that you could probably get your prescription renewed by pretty much anyone who has a license to do so. Bring your ID and expired prescription and nobody is going to make a big deal about handing you fucking levothyroxine. It isn't a morfine prescription.
>>
>>18717646
You don't live in "good ol' boy" country. Be glad of that.

You're still right, I could probably get a consult with any MD in town with my last script in hand and resolve the situation pretty quickly. "I'm off the wagon and need to not be in a coma" should go pretty far.
>>
>>18717646
This.

If you're in the US, then it's illegal for your family doctor to release any of your medical information to your parents, unless you fill out a waiver. If he's been doing this since you were 18, then you've had grounds to sue him over HIPPA violations.
>>
>>18717659
No, of course it's illegal, that's why it's been a nudge and a wink when I discontinued a past medication due to side effects. I've never forgotten that, but if I levied a complaint, it'll come back to bite ME in the ass, not anyone else.

If you complain, you're the fuck-stick ruining a good doctor's reputation, not an adult standing up for themselves. That's how small towns work.
>>
>>18717658
Not him.

I find your situation frankly astonishing--and I'm talking as someone who had a helicopter mom growing up. You're not much older than me. Today my relationship with my mom is: me setting boundaries i.e. stop bossing me around/treading over my territory. I've walked away from dinner tables, hung up phone calls, and gotten into shouting matches, where I defend myself and take some pot shots at her. I don't have a good relationship, but she at least doesn't bother me as much.

If you don't stand up for yourself by age 30, then you're always going to be a "boy."

You're honestly more in need of a shrink than an endocrinologist. You're literally so afraid to fill a script because your folks might know, that you're willing to order some fake pills off the net, while your body is shutting down. What the fuck, dude?
>>
>>18717679
You'd be surprised how much you're willing to go through to avoid something being knifed in edgewise every Thanksgiving. I still get needled for complaining about getting terrible sunburn while on a work project. From when I was 12. It's all very cute. So very, very cute.

I'm glad you have a terse albeit less toxic relationship with your parents.
>>
>>18717684
In your shoes, I'd stop visiting them, block their numbers, and see a shrink.

It seems like they've done a number on your psyche. Even now they're still bring up things from almost 20 years ago. Your family, and you to be honest, sound very neurotic. It's like they're constantly living in a loop of the past, and dragging you back. Because of this, you feel like a prisoner in your own mind. Again, that's no way to live when you're 16, let alone 31.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.