[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving Out of Parents House

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7561.jpg (36KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7561.jpg
36KB, 480x640px
Greetings /adv/!
1st time poster here, mainly looking for any general tips on moving out only own. I'm 20.
And yes, I've thought it through.
ANYTHING is appreciated.
Mainly looking for just any tips like food and budgeting. I have a decent budget for all my bills and savings going, but I'll keep my post short to have More options open.

Pic semi-related, confused and concerned as fuck.
Thanks!
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (27KB, 439x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
27KB, 439x329px
>when you get more (and accurate) replies from /b/ than /adv/
Ded board?
>>
Bump... :/
>>
Don't forget to bring toilet paper and spend your money wisely between your paychecks
>>
>>18717404
/adv/ is just generally shit.
>>
>>18717963
Didn't even think of toiletries, thanks man
>>
>>18718077
*tips fedora*
>>
Bumping for more suggestions
>>
>>18718318

Save one years living expenses. Should take you 6 months or so working full time. Not 3 months, not 6 months, you might get away with 9 months.

Also get your big purchases out the way... Good laptop, good phone, good clothes, headphones, pans, knives (whatever you need) pedal bike/car (that you can afford to lose/insure). Budget depends on where you live, are you sharing, living alone, living with friends, living with strangers do you need a car? Do you need a macbook... Are these strangers you're living with going to 'borrow' your bike and lose it. Can you let the electricity go off when your flatmate doesn't pay his part of the bills. You need to be able to tell your boss to go fuck himself and get a new job while not telling your boss to go fuck himself as much as you want to.

Work on having a main income, and a side income, also a hobby that makes a little money. Always be looking for a better job.
>>
>>18718366
>main income, and a side income, also a hobby that makes a little money.

Gaming streamer or instagram blogger don't count unless you are actually producing $$$ on the regular from them, or you're 18-25 female prepared to be semi nude in which case that's a different matter.
>>
>>18717276
Generally, if you're going to make it in the real world--they say you need to make 3 to 4 times your rent per week. Unless, you have a roommate, then you split that in half.
The way the economy is structured presently, it's important to be completely certain that moving out is what you want to do, because living with your parents can help you out significantly (saving money).
>>
>>18718384
3 to 4 times your rent per MONTH*
Sorry, it's early in the morning.

Also, as someone else pointed out, you need to have transportation, cooking supplies, toilet paper, basic shit.
Look at spending a few hundred if you don't have basic supplies, and certainly a lot more if you don't have a car.
At a young age, while you're able to put up with bullshit, I'd suggest getting a roommate.
>>
File: IMG_6946.jpg (55KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6946.jpg
55KB, 640x431px
>>18718366
Clothes/laptop/phone's fine, it's the CAR I'm worried about...need to fix it up
The whole job thing's going to be hard but I'll look into it for sure. That's probably my hardest scenario

>>18718384
Yep, already have 3 roommates
My living will cost $650

Also
>3-4 times your rent per week
>>
>>18718474
>Also
>>3-4 times your rent per week
No, it was a typo, I meant 3-4 times your rent per month.
That's if you're doing it alone though.
If you have roommates, it's going to be easier.

Let me be perfectly clear:
You HAVE to have a job before you move out.
If you don't have a source of income you will fail.

You also need a car, and need to remember it's the law to have insurance.
Mine is about 500 dollars every 6 months. You can finance it down and pay it into monthly installments if you want.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.